will the active rider power any radio???

mikeyfire

Hi
i have the autocom active rider kit, my question is will it power a radio with the correct lead??? if so which radios will it power??:bow

cheers mike

I've got mine powering both kenwood 3201 and 3101 model radios. The stuff replaces the battery pack on the radios, and of course is only on when the bike is on.

:thumb2

its the kenwood im going to go for! so do i get the lead to power the radio from autocom?? does it plug into the grey comms lead??

its the kenwood im going to go for! so do i get the lead to power the radio from autocom?? does it plug into the grey comms lead??

Yes. It connects across the grey DIN plugs. For TK3201 use Part 1402, can't recall the Part number for the TK3101, which isn't a dummy battery back, but a little bit of kit that you have to fix to the power terminals inside the radio - easy job, two little screws.

Depending where you have the radio you might need an extension lead. (Part 1512).

I've got mine powering both kenwood 3201 and 3101 model radios. The stuff replaces the battery pack on the radios, and of course is only on when the bike is on.

:thumb2

will this work with Autocom kit 200 and Kt3201?

Either the Active Plus or 7 or NOT designed to bike power any transceiver. To do this you would need to run a Super Pro AVi, Pro-7 or Pro M1.

If an Active was to be connected to a Kenwood it would over heat the system for it to go pop, not recommended.

Rich @ Autocom

Back
Top Bottom