Lochnagar and Lochnagar

• Thread starter Deleted account rno
  • Start date

Deleted account rno

Due to having a gear-leverless GS for the time being, me and Mrs Ronno took the car up to Royal Deeside and had a three and a bit more hour long walk around Loch Muick at the foot of Lochnagar (for the uninitiated, Lochnagar is a mountain not a loch :thumb2). We stopped off at Ballater but it was almost as busy as the Glen/Loch Muick car park.

It was cracking day and a cracking walk. The path network here would be a joy to ride if it wasn't for all the walkers. It's little wonder that Queen Vic chose this area for her Scottish residence.

Here's a couple of pics from the day...just to get Alte Wolf in the mood :D

141820189-L

141820196-L.jpg

141820207-L-1.jpg

You can see Queen Victoria's passion palace where she clandestinely met John Brown at the foot of the trees on the right shoreline in this photo

141820288-L.jpg

and here's our tea break at the very cottage...

141820229-L.jpg

Lochnagar is a beautiful area. Imagine riding this on your bike...

141961907-L.jpg

...and speaking of Lochnagar, this is how I finished a really braw day oot.

141820307-L-1.jpg

The bottle isnae quite as full as that now. A really nice wee dram it is too :thumb2

Hi Ronno

Nice set of photo's there mate,weather's been great these last few day's unfortunately have been working most of them but did get a run out with our Stuart on thur's great day it was to.

Schultz

Great shots R, never been around that neck of the woods walking before. Lochnagar is one of the Munros I am looking forward to doing some day :bounce1

I'll be in touch before I head off, thanks for the wee lift this morning :beerjug:

PS I have to say ... if I had such a beautiful assistant, I would do a lot more hill walking too :thumb2

Nice pics matey, good weather too.

Am going to confiscate your camara next time I see you :D

Nice pics Ronnie. :thumb2 Lochnagar was the first Munro that I climbed. I think that I have probably climbed it at least half a dozen times too. Usually in the winter. :eek:

Kai

Nice pics Ronnie. :thumb2 Lochnagar was the first Munro that I climbed. I think that I have probably climbed it at least half a dozen times too. Usually in the winter. :eek:

Kai

I've climbed it three times (never in Winter mind you) and it's easily one of my favourite Munros. Here's a pic of me at the trig point with a couple of guys who were slightly quicker than me to the summit. The camera used was an old steam driven one :thumb2

54200162-M.jpg

How do you rate Royal Lochnagar? The distillery looks rather quaint. I believe that Diageo spent an absolute fortune on a face lift not that long ago :beer:

How do you rate Royal Lochnagar? The distillery looks rather quaint. I believe that Diageo spent an absolute fortune on a face lift not that long ago
I have to admit that it has been a long time since I tried it. From memory it is an interesting dram but not really my sort of thing.

As long as you (and others) appreciate it, that's fine! :beerjug: (Need a dramming smilie...)
Kai

ps Nice to see what the summit look like without snow and not clagged in by the weather!

Seonaidh quipped :-

'See you went and put Arcboutants breeks on by mistake :eek:'

maybe :thumb

bit wha' can fill ma boots :rob

good one Ronno, wondered whaur the sunshine had went :)

Aye...Nice Photos Ronno

Dark Lochnagar!

I climbed it in the dark once for the Summer Solstice. It was heaving at the top and a Piper played when the sun came up (while I was chomping on ma bacon Buttie):clap

Fair Braw:thumb2

Great location ~ I've done the short walk from the car park to the loch across the end and back in a loop most Christmas mornings in recent years - usually wonderful. Never done it nice weather though :(

Glad you enjoyed it!

I rate the Royal Lochnagar Whiskey as my all time favourite too :)

Great location ~ I've done the short walk from the car park to the loch across the end and back in a loop most Christmas mornings in recent years - usually wonderful. Never done it nice weather though :(

Glad you enjoyed it!

I rate the Royal Lochnagar Whiskey as my all time favourite too :)

A bit of advice, Alan. Next time you're up in the area, dinnae spell whisky with an E. You'll no' get oot alive! :rob

:D :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom