roadtest

garyr1

going for a roadtest thur on a gs trying to decide if its time to try something sensible! ride an R1 at the moment had a bm in 1980 an r100rs .are they less agricultural these days,do you think im old enough at 47!,is it going to be a big shock to me,not taking the p**s,but i do like the hooligan nature of the R1 and for some reason thats what draws me towards a gs dont tell me their to sensible for that,also see alot of moans on this site about build quality/reliabilty? any pointers would be helpfull im not an idiot have been riding for 30 years thefirst 14 as a bike mechanic,i know this may look like ramblings to some of you probably is. ps do i have to start smoking a pipe?

Gary,

I've never ridden an R1 so I can't say wether you'll be happy with a GS. However I remember a while ago that Ride did a test and ...
Your average rider arrives quicker from A to B on a GS than on a R6.... Still I suppose you might say that an R6 is 30 odd hp down on your R1

Enjoy the test ride and make sure you get some miles in as it takes a few to get over the quirkines of the thing...

Richie

Hooligan

The GS has a hooligan streak in it, having such a big presense on the road when "misbehaving" most things get out of the way. OK it won't do 160mph but think of all the times that sports bikes are not as much fun as you would wish, the GS will probably fill those gaps which in reality is most of the time. In the end its horses for courses so suck one and see makung sure that you give it a resonable time to get used to the different nature of the thing.
I had A Blackbird and an Aprillia before the GS, Ask me do I miss them now after 8mths and the answer is no I only have one bike and to be honest don't want another. I like it as it don't arf make ee larf.

I saw Madmountainman do very naughty things to a sports bike last night on the way to the Air Balloon. I'd say the GS is definitely a hooligan in the right hands.

Mike

I had an R1 before my zx 12r and i now ride an adventure .

the GS is sooooooo much fun to ride

i do sometimes miss the sheer power of the ZX12 but only if i am stuck on the motorway in the real world it counts for very little.............except on your licence!!!!

try a GS and if like me you enjoy the occasional .....shall we say spirited ride.

:rolleyes: go hunting for a sportsbike on the GS and if that doesent give you a massive grin ......get your ass to the doctors quick cos you must be brain dead!!:D :D

Mike O said:
Is that where you keep your brain?:yelrotflm

Of course !! didnt you read all of my last post ??

I used to ride an R1 .......duh!!:dance

I will in advance welcome you to the converted club..........once bitten :D

The GS is a great bike and you can do crazy things with it, especially in the twisties, people will look behind from thier R1's etc. and say that crazy ba**ard is still there !!!
They lean and lean and one of the best things to try is brake mid bend lent over !!!
On an R1 you in the tree's, on the GS is mearly shruggs it off and moves slightly off line.....
And if you find you want a bit more fun, put the R1100S wheels on it and a set of BT012ss and then get sparks flying ha ha
:illbe

Biker

And if you really want to piss them off, after passing them in the twisties, let them pull up behind you at the next junction and let them see you did it while riding on knoblies (TKC's)... that really wind's 'Rice Rocket Riders' up
:hapybnce: :hapybnce:

Paul G
Yes indeed the new ADV knobblies really do grip like sh*t to a blanket,
I was amazed that a tyre like that grips so well !!!!:D

Biker

MrBiker said:
I will in advance welcome you to the converted club..........once bitten :D

The GS is a great bike and you can do crazy things with it, especially in the twisties, people will look behind from thier R1's etc. and say that crazy ba**ard is still there !!!
They lean and lean and one of the best things to try is brake mid bend lent over !!!
On an R1 you in the tree's, on the GS is mearly shruggs it off and moves slightly off line.....
And if you find you want a bit more fun, put the R1100S wheels on it and a set of BT012ss and then get sparks flying ha ha
:illbe

Biker

...and..., if U are a VBI (Very Bastard Inside), open your helmet and ask him: << ...hei..., do you know how to select the 4th gear on this bike?...>>

Brrrmmmmm.....

Brrroooaaaarrrrrrrrrr!!!!!! Blaaatt!!! Rrrreooooowwwww!!! Blaaaatt!!!! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'Nuff said:p

I had a 175 HP Hayabusa before my GSAdventure and I really dont miss a thing.

The Hayabusa is a blast but at the end of the day you can get from A to B faster on the GS (not to say safer) due to its fuel economy.

The power of the GS is nothing out of this world but the global performance of the machine combining road, dirt and bends is a 10/10.

I love my Tyranosaurus and it is not that bad on the motorway, 100 mph (and more) is enough cruising speed

:D

Back
Top Bottom