quest zoom level

ericthebrave

I currently have the autozoom thing turned on, but get annoyed sometimes when it zooms right out if theres a long dual carriageway stretch.

if i turn it off, whats the general opinion of the best zoom level to go for if i'm riding mostly a roads and dont need street names. I know i can just experiment with it, but i'll have to keep stopping and taking gloves off to change the setting as i can never manage to push the ickle buttons with gloves on!

Thanks in advance

I was planning on experimenting with rubber "podgers" on the end of my left index finger (on the glove :blast ) which should help with the Quest and 2610 touchscreen.

I use manual zoom on the Quest, set at 300 ft if I want to know what the road is doing and set about 1000ft if I want more warning of a turn-off prior to getting the turn notification.

Al :D

I was planning on experimenting with rubber "podgers" on the end of my left index finger (on the glove :blast ) which should help with the Quest and 2610 touchscreen.

Al :D

My plan was to use a PDA stylus attached to the quest cradle somehow. Wont be easy to use when moving, but at least if i'm stopped at lights or a junction i can poke the buttons without having to remove gloves. How were you going to make the rubber "glove podgers"

I've never had any problem with the buttons on my old Quest(s) or the screen on my 2610 using summer gloves.

As for zoom level it really depends on what you want to see and how you've set up your GPS. Personally I tend to have mine set at 800ft or 0.2miles. I've set the POI icons to be visible at 300ft to keep my screen clear.

My plan was to use a PDA stylus attached to the quest cradle somehow. Wont be easy to use when moving, but at least if i'm stopped at lights or a junction i can poke the buttons without having to remove gloves. How were you going to make the rubber "glove podgers"

I was thinking of super-glueing short lengths of O-ring material to the finger tips of two fingers.

To be honest, It was more for the touch-screen facility of the 2610 but a short "nipple" :augie shape would do the Quest buttons as well.

In fact - the shorter the better for both applications, as it is less likely to come off.

For O-ring material, I was considering 8mm diam.

I'll have a play with my nipples this evening and let you know how I get on :augie :augie

Al :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom