This Sunday on the West Coast

Betty Swollocks

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have just thrown the head up and booked a couple of nights in Invergarry this weekend. with 2 mates (GS and RT) Landing off the Troon Ferry on Saturday and taking the long way up to our Hotel.
Been there many times, but have no plans yet for our Sunday ride-out. Possibly Skye... (heard there is a real tosser up there) or possibly the usual Wester Ross trail. Anything on the cards for the local tossers, that perhaps a few Northern Irish people might be welcome to tag along to?
It's all very last minute, the others might well be wanting to do something different, but I am covering all bases in the short time we have.

Ronno and Forry are organising a run on Sunday 15th - starting from the Cafe at St. Mary's Loch on the A708 East of Moffat in The Borders. I think the start is at 11:00 (but check the thread as my memory is bad).

Its a long way for you but if you fancy joing in you'll be welcomed.

Bob.

Work day for me.
Have you taken a run to Kinlochourn, its not far from where you are staying.
71546293-L.jpg

Enjoy :thumb

G.C I did Ullapool to Invergarry last year via the Wester Ross Trail, lunch in Applecross. Arrived at hotel around 6pm, but checked in, had a pint then did Kinlochourn.......................... beautiful at sunset!

Attachments

• 857.jpg
    857.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 256
Thats my sort of day :thumb
lunch in Applecross
129670626-M.jpg

129780521-M.jpg

But shoosh, dont let them all know about it :augie
Have a great weekend, Ive booked the weather for you :thumb

To that tosser on Skye!!!

This is a wee message to oonyack. My mate Betty Swollocks is in the Innvergarry pub at the minute. As he cannot get in touch with you he wants you to get in touch with him. Give him a wee call on his mobile 07843441720. All the hairy best if you do meet up with him and the boys watch your arse!!!!:aidan

11:29 Posted on route got changed, do I need waterproofs nah
Shades on, 32 miles to Slig.
Portree put fuel in met Steve Niall and Colin at Slig at 12:15:cool:
Took shades off at Slig as I could see feck aw in the mist
Went to Glen Brittle for a coffee and my mate Alex that works at the campsite said the sun would burn mist away soon:augie
Went to Stein for lunch rain started getting heavy
After lunch the old Quaraing route through Staffin Portree and back to Slig
Slig to Slig 112 miles
Heres some pics of what the lads saw:thumb

Cuillins from Glen Brittle
460237555_0bcb3b56dd.jpg

Fairy glen
460237555_0bcb3b56dd.jpg

Trotternish Ridge
460237555_0bcb3b56dd.jpg

Old man of Storr
460237555_0bcb3b56dd.jpg

Quairang
460237551_9850fff1ca_b.jpg

Much happiness and joy was shared on this run scenery was spectacular as you can see from the pics.

Niall on the Yellow 1150 is some rider. wheelies, stoppies and the no. of times he had it airbourne put Pfieffer to same;)

Oonyack, thanks for the run on Sunday. I especially like how you made the weather change so quickly. I got to see just about the same amount of Skye as on every other trip over there. The run was worth it, and I would recommend any other Tossers up that way should give you a shout.
Sorry I will be on the 'family holiday' in August during the Skye Party, otherwise I would be back.
Ps We did call at that pub you mentioned, the one owned by Graham Norton, but apparently he was still away filming for his Saturday night show or something.

Attachments

• norton.jpg
    norton.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 116
Oh no not another Graham Norton Hijacked thread:D
He certainly gets around

Rain stopped and the sun came out as soon as I parked the bike up:( typical
Hope the next time yir up the weathers a wee bit more pleasant and the Celebs are around:thumb

MY GS

The wee bastard!! And on my bike too!! And he never even washed the bloody thing. Ah well if he didn go balls out to the wind the wee bike would have thought it was being humped by the head!!:D

Back
Top Bottom