Replacement Zumo Security screw. Ordering

ECM

Reaction score
Taking (pre-) orders now!!

In the poll elsewere on the USA Zumo site, at least 65 persons have shown interest in the

***** REPLACEMENT SECURITY SCREW. ******

--- As per 04-13-2007, the expected manufacturing time will be about 3~4 weeks! --

As a result of this, my buddy and I were enthusiastic enough have a small series made!!! Thanks you all for your replies in the poll :D

This is how the final version will look like, but only smaller to fit the zumo!

schroef6.jpg

Reason and function of this replacement screw (in short)

* No more hassling with that flimsy screwdriver!
* Not meant to keep it from steeling
* Easier fixing and releasing, while maintaining the Zumo secure in the holder
* Prevents accidentally releases of the Zumo holder dropping it on the street.

Pricing
Thanks to the poll we were able to make a series for these prices:

Price per order, delivery to the same adress. Price is all in!. So incl. paypal payment cost, package & shipping.

Number - price
1x € 6.75 GBP 4.60
2x €11.80 GBP 8.00
3x €16.80 GBP 11.50
4x €21.80 GBP 14.90
5x €26.80 GBP 18.40
etc.
(small differences in currency conversion)

HOW TO ORDER

* You can order your ZUMO SECURITY SCREW by sending an email to: GPSparts@boelis.nl

Please include in your email:

Header (email title) : Zumo security screw
Text:
* Your name
* Adress
* Zip code
* City
* Country ( ! )
* email adress
* Number of screws per order
* Preferred method of payment

++ Each email will be answered with a reply, confirming the order. After the payment has been received, it will be shipped, as soon as the first series comes back from the manufacturer (3-4 weeks from now) ++

How to pay

Payments are prefered with https://www.paypal.com/
Please use the same email address as the ordering address: GPSparts@boelis.nl & include your ordering number

Please sent your payment after you get the confirmation email.

For EU residents payment can also be made with BIC/IBAN bank code (free within EU).

Disclaimer

Hé guys; This is just a hobby project. Neither me or the maker has any commercial purpose. Price is just covering the actual cost, so keep this in mind please.

Who is who:

Ok, I am me. ECM = ex-cruise-me = Ton.
Orders and manufacturing are handled by Marco Boelis, who is on the other side of the email address also. I try to answer all forum questions. But questions by email are not visible to me, but will be answered by Marco.

OK! Get on with it :bounce1

Attention!!!

The same type of screw can also be ordered for the Garmin 26XX / 27XX / 28XX models for the same price and within the same order!!!!!
Image is the actual model for these Garmin types.

schroef6.jpg

If you want one for these models, please make that clear in your email!

Ps: If you know any other GPS forums / motorcycle brand forums etc, that can benefit from this info, please feel free to cross post to this thread to bring this to there attention.

On behalf of Marco & me

Cheers!!

Ton

Update:

There is a ORDERFORM where you can enter all the ordering details.
Please use this instead of the email adres above.

Also: Delivery is starting somewhere this week!

Yep, got mine on Friday, good timing as I was leaving for a weekend in northann France, Worked fine! it gave me that bit of extra confidence
Many thanks
Jim

Is there anyone there?

I have emailed twice and completed the order form on the link, but no one has got back to me yet.
I want a couple of these, so please get in touch with me.:mmmm

I have emailed twice and completed the order form on the link, but no one has got back to me yet.
I want a couple of these, so please get in touch with me.:mmmm

Hi Hogswine,

Please send me the info from the fields of the orderform in a seperate email to gpsparts@boelis.nl with your own mailaddress.

With kind regards

Marco Boelis

Mail delivery delay for btinternet and yahoo email adresses

Hi,

I get several times a delivery delay message from my mailprovider. Mostly it happens with yahoo and btinternet mail accounts. I mail more than once an orderconfirmation or other answers but when it is not delivered to you, i have not an other solution. Maybe this forum is an solution, ask me for that.

Sorry for the delay and misunderstanding, but i do my best.

With kind regards,

Marco Boelis

All info:Order form Zumo Security Screw

http://www.boelis.nl/index_bestanden/Securityscrew.htm

Zumo Screws

Hi Marco,
No problem in using this forum.
Are you saying that you have got all my details and my order?
Because if you have, all I really need to do is forward my payment you via paypal, and I could do that straight away.
Keep smiling, I get frustrated with emails as well!! :blast

Regards

Andrew

Andrew,

I have all your details and your order for 2 screws. Please pay by paypal with ordernumber 330. Thanks.

Marco

Message Delivery Delays

HELP!
I sometimes receive Message Delivery Delays from the mail adresses which end with:

@btinternet
@yahoo.com
@yahoo.co.uk
@ccc.1884.org
@houston.rr.com
@bellsouth.net
@btopenworld.com
@hotmal.com

I try many times to mail orderconfirmations but for some mailadresses i always receive the Message Delivery Delay.

I hope the persons with the mailadresses above read this and have an other options to receive my mail, orderconfirmations etc., for example a fax.

Regards Marco

I hope the persons with the next mailadresses (below)read this and have other options to receive my mail, orderconfirmations etc., for example a fax or whatever.

Mailaddress Number Rearname Country

@Yahoo.com 1pc Peer USA
@Yahoo.com 1pc Chambliss USA
@Yahoo.com 1pc Bentley USA
@Yahoo.com 1pc Sticken USA
@ccc.1884.org 1 pc Yunt USA
@btinternet.com 1 pc Winch UK

Regards Marco

For what it's worth, one of the items that the hardware engineers paid a lot of attention to was ensuring that the Zumo would not come out of its mount unless someone intentionally lifted up the release tab. The design of the release tab on the top of the moto bracket incorporates an 'overcenter' cam assembly. You have probably noticed that the latch won't stay in the middle position - it will either spring to fully closed, or spring to fully open. The two pins that move downwards into the top of the GPSR cannot be forced upwards if the big latching lever is depressed.

An alternative and perhaps simpler way of providing a 'Belt and Suspenders' level of attachment security might be to just scarf a big rubber band (ask your postman for one), and wrap it around the mount - over the latching bar at the top, and around the base of the moto holder at the bottom.

I have never bothered to use the security screw, and have had no problems with the attachment bracket in over 8,000 miles of riding with it.

Michael

Agreed. But for anyone who is excessivly (and needlessly) worried about the GPSR coming out of the mount, it would solve the problem.

From a practical point of view, neither the security screw or the rubber band is needed to ensure that the GPSR mount does not release the GPSR. The only function of the (Garmin supplied) security screw is to discourage people from removing the GPSR from the bracket when the motorcycle is parked.

Michael

For what it's worth, one of the items that the hardware engineers paid a lot of attention to was ensuring that the Zumo would not come out of its mount unless someone intentionally lifted up the release tab. The design of the release tab on the top of the moto bracket incorporates an 'overcenter' cam assembly. You have probably noticed that the latch won't stay in the middle position - it will either spring to fully closed, or spring to fully open. The two pins that move downwards into the top of the GPSR cannot be forced upwards if the big latching lever is depressed.

An alternative and perhaps simpler way of providing a 'Belt and Suspenders' level of attachment security might be to just scarf a big rubber band (ask your postman for one), and wrap it around the mount - over the latching bar at the top, and around the base of the moto holder at the bottom.

I have never bothered to use the security screw, and have had no problems with the attachment bracket in over 8,000 miles of riding with it.

Michael

Welcome back Michael :thumb2

Back for long?

Al :)

Just ordered 4 from them..............I'll pass the other 3 on at cost if anyone's interested?

Back
Top Bottom