Honister Pass

POG

Reaction score
Having ran over to Scarboro' on Saturday (gorgeous weather) to arrive there and find FOG :confused: :blast There goes the coast run... But passers-by were so engrossed looking at the ADV that they didn't see a £20 note lying on the pavement! Yes, really, this is true. Eagle-eyed Ms. POG spotted, hissed at me and I leapt goal-keeper-like to clasp it in my sweaty little paws before anyone could claim it. It paid for the fish and chips and a bit of motion lotion as well :thumb :augie

Attachments

• Scarboro1.jpg
    Scarboro1.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 552
The Point is:-

Today we decided to head towards the other coast to see if the good weather petered out there and sure enough there was mist/fog and lots of racer boys in Boness. Headed up Windemere, Ambleside to Keswick ( nothing otustanding there, you say). But if you reach Keswick take the B5289 (Cockermouth) over Honister Pass. Outstanding...

Attachments

• R1.jpg
    R1.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 536
  • R2.jpg
    R2.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 536
  • R3.jpg
    R3.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 533
  • R4.jpg
    R4.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 535
  • R5.jpg
    R5.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 535
Phew that was hard work... Had to resize all the photo's in mid-post. Almost gave up. Knackered now. :mcgun :spitfire

And there's more

Ms.POG did say to me : "Those black sheep up there have got a white stripe on them". Says I :"No, Dear, they're cows" :blast

Attachments

• R9.jpg
    R9.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 530
  • R$.jpg
    R$.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 518
  • R10.jpg
    R10.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 520
  • R7.jpg
    R7.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 516
  • R6.jpg
    R6.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 515
....was up there on Friday.......Honister to Buttermere......:thumb2

....I know......fuel flap open.......:eek:

Attachments

• Grand Day Out (Medium).JPG
    Grand Day Out (Medium).JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 503
Nice photos POG, and your misses is right, they are black and white sheep, but they are of the nylon variety.;)

:thumb

yes! nice piccies:thumb
and a lucky find.

Opposite way

Out on Thursday and decided to head north and west to avoid the low cloud. Which meant the Lakes :)

First stop Winston Ford :eek:

A lot, lot lower than when I was there last. If I'd seen what I saw on Wednesday, no way would I have tried it.

Across that without drama :)

Attachments

• DSCF0493.JPG
    DSCF0493.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 319

Back
Top Bottom