Boat Insurance...

(RIP) Bobble

Toss'ed about a bit
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just wondered if anybody could recommend anywhere for boat insurance. I've now got a 12ft rib with a Mercury 10hp motor that I need to insure. Any suggestions?

Cheers

Have a look at the ads in the back of the boating mags - Yachting Monthly, Practical Boat Owner etc, lots of companies for you to ring round for the cheapest quotation :thumb

Got an Orkney Longliner that I was looking to insure a couple of years back. It’s worth less than 3K and the cheapest I could insure it for was about ½ the value so I didn’t bother.
Still got her, :thumb2 she’s a great wee boat. 5 brownies, from 4 n a ½lb down were caught today from her. :clap
Sorry, back to your question, Shuck Raider offers good advice, I checked with them and a couple of brokers that I know. Its expensive.

Navigators & General 01273 863400

btw i found many boat insurers required 2 years experience before they'd consider taking any business :(

I use noble marine. Years ago I did a stupid thing. I put my boat on the trailer and set off but forgot to take my mast down. when mymast hit a tree I explained to noble marine who pointed out (in the nicest possible way) that I wasnt insured in those circumstances. They still paid up out of pity for such a dumbwit:)

Back
Top Bottom