DRZ400S

Noddy

Some sort of clique thing
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hmmm, two for sale locally 200 on a W with 8500 miles £1995 or 04 with 500 miles at £2495. Or new on zero finance for £4195.
Or just keep the KLR250 with the stupid rear rim size and no good in the mud tyres. :nenau

the post 2000 ones have a modified cam chain tensioner :) the older ones were prone to failure

Mmmmmmm....I've been on the verge of getting one now for the past few months and hope to soon.

The one thing I would say is I can't see a lot of point (financialy) in buying a brand new bike for green laning, well not if you drop 'em as often as I do!

Andres

Noddy can you fit a rear wheel from another bike such as a KLX or KX if that is the only problem? The other way is to have a bigger rim fitted to your hub, that should not be too expensive if you use a second hand rim.
It doesn't cure the need for a new bike though.:D

The DR-Z 400 SY model (2000/01) also has bananas instead of front forks!

Greg

I just bought an 02 for £1700 with extras and 3,000 miles. Don't buy a one on 0% it's a way to inflate prices - pay cash and you'll get one for £3,500 not £4,199 on finance.

As Greg says do not get an 'S' unless it's a K2 onwards. They don't sell easily because of the forks. If you find a one that hasn't been modified in good nick with a careful owner then you'd be mad to buy one new when you can save so much money.

Back
Top Bottom