metroguide question

ericthebrave

I'm selling an Etrex legend with Metroguide and Mapsource. Will the buyer be able to use the software on their PC? I'm sure i never used any unlock codes for Metroguide, but cant remeber for certain....

Thanks in advance

Oh yes, and 2ndly....I'm getting an Etrex Venture CX which is compatible with City Navigator. I already have CN9 for my quest...will i be able to use this same copy on my new etrex, or do i have to buy a new unlock code?

Oh yes, and 2ndly....I'm getting an Etrex Venture CX which is compatible with City Navigator. I already have CN9 for my quest...will i be able to use this same copy on my new etrex, or do i have to buy a new unlock code?
ISTR reading that you can unlock City Nav. for a 2nd unit free of charge. You'll need to fire up your MyGarmin account and and follow the instructions to obtain the 2nd unlock code.

As mentioned, there are no unlock codes for metroguide products.
You can also make the metroguide maps routable (on the GPS device) with a bit of googling and fiddling.

As mentioned, there are no unlock codes for metroguide products.
You can also make the metroguide maps routable (on the GPS device) with a bit of googling and fiddling.

MetroWizzz works very well. The only downside is that the audio directions for roundabouts just say, for example, "turn left" rather than "take 3rd exit" (thinking European there). You can always look at the screen which will confirm the correct exit if there's any doubt.

Back
Top Bottom