reivers raid 2003, 28/09 kielder

Corsican Dave

i am entering this as my first ever competitive event. anybody else interested? or has anyone else done one previously?

d:gringo

i'll quote from the blurb...

"the reivers raid is an off road competition, specifically aimed at trail bikes and other motorcycles which have off-road ability. the event will consist of non-competitive "liason" sections linking timed "special stages" of a 30 mile lap which runs through the heart of kielder forest, along roads and gravel tracks. all competitors will complete several laps and because there are no silly sections the whole course is rideable using trail tyres, even on the largest motorcycle."

sounds good, doesn't it? the contact details are:

ian bell
the bike place, market lane, swalwell, gateshead, tyne & wear ne16 3dz 0191 488 3137

cost is £52 including a one-day acu competition licence. don't have web details for the regs, but they must exist. got them from colin sweeting on the rallyrider.com site. worth a look.

I have ridden a similair rally held in the Keilder Forest and you are in for a treat. The place is amazing. Keep and eye on your brake pads as its easy to go through a set in a day.

committed....i should be!

that's it then, folks; got my entry confirmed this morning.

hope to see some more of you there. (and on your gs's, not girly enduro bikes! why did you buy a gs in the first place...?) let me know if you're going to be attending.

Sounds excellent. I'd love to come and have a look, but its not exactly around the corner for me.

Do post and tell us what it was like!

not exactly round the corner from me. either!

apparently the organisers think i'm nuts for entering the gs. however, this wasn't what their blurb suggested and it didn't stop them taking my money off me! they also didn't tell me...they told jez when he rang them up to see what they thought. he's now entering on his xt400, which is a complete cop-out, but i'm sure he'll have something to say about that! i guess i'm more used to falling off than you are, eh jez?!

death-defying reports to follow

Corsican

you are the hero of the day, as for Jez, his only back is to enter on his GS or FJ.

Take a look at the following link

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23414

this is what you can expect but wetter and colder. You can also expect hero workship and more totty than you can shake a stick at!

And we all know what furry apendage will appear on the front of your GS!!!!

Send us fotos!

event update

thoroughly frustrating: after all this, i got a second interview for a new job the day before.... interview didn't finish until 16:45 so no chance of making the run down to kielder. now on the look out for another event. got any ideas?

Re: event update

Corsican Dave said:
thoroughly frustrating: after all this, i got a second interview for a new job the day before.... interview didn't finish until 16:45 so no chance of making the run down to kielder. now on the look out for another event. got any ideas?

Somnething steady like, THE DAKAR [we may be able to wangle a discount for club multiple entries?!!!]

ps when does the ice climbing season start up your way Dave?

pps any news on the piccys that your foto mad mate took at tong?

Off Road Rally's

The Reivers is one of the few off road motorcycle "rally's" held in the UK; some of the others are the Cambrian (which was the first - and which I help organise), the Dyfi, the Hafren, the Winter and the Rydale.
Each is different and caters for big off road bikes to a more or lesser degree. I wrote the description of the event that was quoted for the Cambrian.

I usually set the Cambrian course on my 1150GS (until I wrote it off last year – on the road with the help of a woman driver!) to make sure it's possible by big bikes, and we always have quite a few entered. Indeed I have a special class, and award, specifically for twin cylinder bikes over 1100cc.

If you do a search you should find some photo’s of Henry Mawson on his GS at the Cambrian.
Entries for the Cambrian are like Gold, and will be even more precious next year as we will probably have to reduce the numbers from 350 to about 200.

We haven’t got the date for the 2004 event confirmed yet but will either be 11th April (Easter Sunday) or in early October – I will be reserving a few places for GS riders and will post a message when the regulations are available.

On here's a pic of one UKGS'ers bike at the end! (not Henry)

Attachments

• ukgs2.jpg
    ukgs2.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 120
My mate has ridden in a similar event but a bit more slanted on the drinking side in Ireland. Its known as the Paddy Dakkar and is one hell of a laugh. A chap called Mick Gunn (!!) organises it ....

HAve Fun

AndyT:rolleyes:

Paddy Dakar

Phil Gunn, Seamus Sorian and Mike Hogan of the SMAC (Southern Motorcycle Adventure Club) run an event every year called the Rally Of Discovery. There are always quite a few GS's in it and most are also UKGS'ers. This year it was over the w/end of the 8/9th September and was based near Tipperary, and thus called the Trip to Tipp (some photos are at http://www.offroad-motorsport.com/Pictures/2003TripToTipp/thumb_index/2003TripToTipp.html). For those interested a report is due to appear in TBM magazine.

In 2001 there was a week long RoD in Crete, in 2002 I ran one in Wales (to be repeated in 2005) and earlier this year there was one in Yorkshire.

There is a week long RoD being planned for the spring of 2004 in Spain and a long weekend one next September in Ireland. If anyones interested get in touch and I will point you in the right direction.

Attachments

• 2003 trip to tipp 088.jpeg
    2003 trip to tipp 088.jpeg
    144.5 KB · Views: 89
Bloody 'ell it's Tims brother

[sliver 1150/red seat/tour x lid]:rolleyes:

oh hang on Tim would be on rice nibbler though wouln't he:D :D

[sorry Tim 'twas a bit easy]

Back
Top Bottom