Autocom scrunch ear syndrome

eclectic

Reaction score
Trying to fit speakers and mic to Arai Quantum F helmet and , despite various attempts and positions (I know I know!) I cannot place speakers in position that does not "scrunch" ears.

I have read that some resort to cutting inset for speakers on each side of helmet. Is this necessary/safe or am I missing something obvious?

Any thoughts or advise would be appreciated.

Trying to fit speakers and mic to Arai Quantum F helmet and , despite various attempts and positions (I know I know!) I cannot place speakers in position that does not "scrunch" ears.

I have read that some resort to cutting inset for speakers on each side of helmet. Is this necessary/safe or am I missing something obvious?

Any thoughts or advise would be appreciated.

IME it's often not necessary to actually cut into the polystyrene - just press it very firmly with a rounded blunt instrument to form a depression - so no need to remove fabric lining first

Oh no do not cut the cheek pads you will weaken then making the helmet unsafe to wear. If you compress the cheek pads a little this will move the speakers deeper inside the helmet making it comfier. This is also not take any strength away from the pads.

Oh no do not cut the cheek pads you will weaken then making the helmet unsafe to wear. If you compress the cheek pads a little this will move the speakers deeper inside the helmet making it comfier. This is also not take any strength away from the pads.

If it's the foam cheek pads that need "thinning" this can be done by putting several strategically placed stitches of button thread through the foam and leather backing

Thanks Rich and Kritou for helpful advice.

I will try as you have suggested and will not alter my name to "Big Ears" just yet!

Back
Top Bottom