Interesting...

Coolcarbon

Elsewhere....
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
bmwsportboxer.jpg

From MCN...

This is the first official image of the Sportboxer and the closest thing to a Superbike BMW has ever built. The 140bhp, 195kg (fully-fuelled) Sportboxer is leading BMW’s assault on an all out, no compromises sports machine. This weekend it will be competing in one of the world’s toughest endurance races, the Le Mans 24-hour. On track the Sport Boxer will be up against Yamaha R1s, Suzuki GSX-R1000s and Honda Fireblades; no small feat for an air-cooled, twin-cylinder giving away the best part of 50bhp. The final production version of the Sport Boxer will be officially unveiled at the Paris Motorcycle Show.....

Wow! that looks sexy.

How do you fit the ally panniers and sheep skin seat cover though?? And do you rest your GSers belly on the tank or is there an aftermarket mount available?

Seriously - No compromise bikes always have an appeal :cool:

Oh yesh pleeeeese

I shall have to start saving now. thats a nice looking bike fer sure.:aidan

Mmmm........ looks a bit "Multistrada" at the front :augie

Might look better with a two or three-tone paint job (a la Boxer/Power Cup :thumb2 )

Al :D

Attachments

• apre2.jpg
    apre2.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 297
Mmmm........ looks a bit "Multistrada" at the front :augie

Might look better with a two or three-tone paint job (a la Boxer/Power Cup :thumb2 )

Al :D

No its got to be black black black:thumb

o dear!

bmwsportboxer.jpg

From MCN...

This is the first official image of the Sportboxer and the closest thing to a Superbike BMW has ever built. The 140bhp, 195kg (fully-fuelled) Sportboxer is leading BMW’s assault on an all out, no compromises sports machine. This weekend it will be competing in one of the world’s toughest endurance races, the Le Mans 24-hour. On track the Sport Boxer will be up against Yamaha R1s, Suzuki GSX-R1000s and Honda Fireblades; no small feat for an air-cooled, twin-cylinder giving away the best part of 50bhp. The final production version of the Sport Boxer will be officially unveiled at the Paris Motorcycle Show.....

as that chap says in the wheelchair

WANT THAT ONE! :D

The big question's gonna be.......

Can I get the motor to fit into my GS :bounce1 pleeeese!!

(& can I get one before June...???)

Well it just pitted in 21st place at 1h 20m for routine fuel - it has changed colour!! We have sat here looking for a black bike and it is in Motorrad colours :blast

Well it just pitted in 21st place at 1h 20m for routine fuel - it has changed colour!! We have sat here looking for a black bike and it is in Motorrad colours :blast

Not bad really to say iots just in the 'open' class.

Not bad really to say iots just in the 'open' class.
I may be mistaken but I have a feeling the open class is quite low in numbers so look our for a "B*W finish first in class" PR thing shortly.

It was in 36th when the first coverage finished but it has the advantage of fueling less than the top sprot bikes, they were saying it may save up to 25% of the stops made by the top teams.

I may be mistaken but I have a feeling the open class is quite low in numbers so look our for a "B*W finish first in class" PR thing shortly.

Yep, it's in a class of 2 so should at least come 2nd:) Nice looking bit of kit - I want one already :thumb

sport-boxer-lemans_large.jpg

Back
Top Bottom