We're back !!

Jockser

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I know youse missed our witty repartie while Daithi & myself were guiding his 'little' brother Sam around Morocco so I know you'll be glad to hear we made it back safely & normal service will shortly be restored :augie

We'd arrange hire bikes ( 2 x XR250's & an XR600) for a weeks playing so we flew to Marrakech & bused down to Bikershome in Ouarzazate from where the 'tour' started. Being lazy paddies we had neither a catchy name or flashy stickers :( but we enjoyed it nevertheless :bounce1

I'll have a more detailed report on the site with pics at some stage soon(ish) but I have enough sh1te to deal with here to keep me out of mischief for some time ;-)

Basically, after spending the morning kitting out the bikes with 12v power for GPS's, etc & sorting out our gear, we did Ouarzazate to Demnate (day 1) to the Cascades & on to Azilal (day 2) then a loop through Ait Bou Gomez & Tadent back to Azilal (day 3). The weather turned a bit shitty on day 3, hence the loop, with cold, low cloud & hail in the mountains (shades of '06 !!) & thunderstorms down low. We therefore decided to head south as rapidly as the little 250's would allow. Days 4 & 5 were spent entirely on main roads heading firstly north through Afrouer, then east via Beni-Mallal & Kasba Tadla & finally south to Midelt, Er Richidia to Merzouga. Day 6 started early with a couple of hours in the dunes b4 heading to Erfoud & on to Tinerhir. Our 7th & final day on the bikes was spend going up & back down the Todra and then the Dades gorges & back to Ouarzazate (via a bit of messing on piste & hills beside the road).

We then spent the next morning sorting our gear & removing the electrical additions from the bikes. Dave had to go to the dentist so myself & Sam went to the barbers :eek (not as bad an experience as you might expect !!) & then got the bus to Marrakech. The rest of our time was spent wandering around the souks, having the craic with the shopkeepers & eating / smoking / sleeping as well as trying to dodge the rain (again).

Left early Wed morning but didn't get home until nearly midnite. Now back at work, planning the next trip !

Daithi & Sam surveying the countryside for nadgery little tracks ;)

Attachments

• P4100235.jpg
    P4100235.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 388
Jaysus, can you imagine what it was like for that poor 250 under the Daithi for a week. :eek:

:augie :augie

Brilliant! I'm sure the single were a bit handier on the rough stuff.:thumb

myself & Sam went to the barbers :eek (not as bad an experience as you might expect !!)

Ye could have at least told me how bad it was before I got home, if I rub the top of my head it feels like the backend of a terrier.

Sam.

if I rub the top of my head it feels like the backend of a terrier.

Looks like one too :D :D But I'm curious to know how you know what that feels like :eek

Very slow progress on sorting my pics & I haven't even started on the write-up :( (bloody work :augie ) but I hope to have something soon.

This was without a doubt the best 10 days of my life, what an amazing place, and what wonderfully friendly people as well. Thanks to Jockser and ShortArse for the company and their patience. It must have driven them both crazy to watch me fade away like I did, I just have no appetite in that heat. Good news is I’m starting to fill out a gain with some home cooking, lettuce and watercress are very nutricious.

About the trip, we flew out and hired the bikes from Peter of Bikers Home, while there we were well looked after and Peter was very helpful, he gave us a load of waypoints to guide us to the most scenic parts of our route. The disasterous interpretation of those waypoints is purely my fault, but what a stupid place to put a mountain !

KIF_3523800x600.jpg

While there we got to see the Atlas mountains (more than once)

KIF_3732800x600.jpg

got to play in the Dunes and saw the two massive gorges and the Cascades.

KIF_3639800x600.jpg

ShortArse at the very edge !
KIF_3647800x600.jpg

And Jockser enjoying the view.

Oh, we also got to stay in the worst hotel on the planet. Stay the feck away from Demnat !
While there I thought we’d have nothing but sunshine so I didn’t bring my bike jacket, big mistake we ended up on a mountain where I felt the snow hitting my face, all I had was an off-road shirt and the body armour no jacket, I was freezing. Very memorable day.:eek:

Jockser turned out to be a dab-hand at spotting tracks, we took one detour when he spotted this ::clap See pic below ¬

KIF_3708800x600.jpg

That turned out to be about three hours of the best fun we had on the bikes, it went on for miles and eventually ended at a place called Athlone (never could remember the names of the towns there)

KIF_3801800x600.jpg

With the only bike problem being a puncture on Jocksers 250 (which they both repaired under my supervision) :rob Just as well I was there to bail them out. :green gri

KIF_3859800x600.jpg

and ShortArse’s tyres being totally unsuitable to wet tarmac, we made fairly good time on what were surprisingly good roads.

We headed south to the dunes where ShortArse showed us how to fall off our bikes with style and grace. :blast

KIF_3908800x600.jpg

KIF_3986800x600.jpg

After pushing my bike up two dunes I thought my chest was going to explode, heavy little yokes those XR250’s , it was a lot easier riding on the sand with weight well back and the speed up a bit, but I was always waithing for the front to dig in and end up doing a lap of the front axle.:eek:

KIF_3895800x600.jpg

From the dunes to the gorges, the Todra and the Dades, amazing places, breath taking sights,(might have had something to do with all the fag breaks)

KIF_4178800x600.jpg

the roads were very twisty and local drivers were easily distracted and were often on both sides of the road on blind corners (be warned), that said, the people we met were very friendly, and were only pushy in the cities. Having said that Marakesh was well worth the visit (see pic)

KIF_4305800x600.jpg

I kept taking pictures of the GPS so as I'd know where we were when pics were taken, like the pic below.

KIF_4320800x600.jpg

I want to go back, but my wife said no. But I’ll see what I a cash bribe can do for next year. :augie

Thanks again Jockser and ShortArse, great time.

Daithi

That looks like a brilliant trip - a lot better than sitting here :type

Joe, count me in if you're thinking of organising one! :thumb

Lads, I know you feel a certain loyalty to your mates to keep the embarrassing moments secret but it's all going to come out sooner or later. Be a hero and make it sooner! So, come on, who had the biggest spill? tried it on with the local camels? ....

Good to see Daithi's more organised than I am :clap :clap

Daithi said:
We headed south to the dunes where ShortArse showed us how to fall off our bikes with style and grace :blast

In fairness, he learnt everything he knows about falling off in sand from me :D Despite having done it (unsuccessfully) last year I still have a mental problem with 'pinning it'. And the pack strapped to the seat didn't help with shifting me arse back either :mmmm

the celt said:
I want ta go, i want ta go

so whos up for it :D :D :D

:thumb2 I'd go again now if I could. But definitely planning to do it again next year & hopefully for more than a week :bounce1

w00kie said:
Lads, I know you feel a certain loyalty to your mates to keep the embarrassing moments secret but it's all going to come out sooner or later. Be a hero and make it sooner!

What goes on tour, stays on tour ;) Otherwise you'd probably be going on your own the next time :augie

Who had the biggest spill? I certainly had the first one but I think ShortArse's was more spectacular, less expected & performed right in front of us :clap

Tried it on with the local camels? All of us ;) The Moroccan women are kept well hidden, esp. in the countryside so it's either camels or sheep & seeing as I live between the Curragh & the Wickla mountains I thought a change would be nice :D When in Rome ... Dunno why the Cork boys did it though :augie

A graceful exit by Daithi :

Attachments

• Daithi2.jpg
    Daithi2.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 171
Excellent

And you have the cheek to say I've too much time on my hands !:eek:

attachment.php

Very good, but.............

wait till you see what I can do with Corel. :green gri

Dunno why the Cork boys did it though :augie

I thought it was a Tosser type of initiation sort of thing, not too sure on the correct Etiquette, Jockser perhaps a man of your experience could help out a first timer, should I phone and arrange to meet again????, I have a No.

Sam.

What follows, is probably gonna hurt.:mcgun

Lads, I know you feel a certain loyalty to your mates to keep the embarrassing moments secret but it's all going to come out sooner or later. Be a hero and make it sooner! So, come on, who had the biggest spill? tried it on with the local camels? ....

Yeah w00kie, I'll come clean, it will as you said come out sooner or later. :(

Jockser kept falling off and he had intimate relations with lots of camels.

:augie So much for "What happens on tour, stays on tour" ya basturd.:D

I thought it was a Tosser type of initiation sort of thing,

That's what we told you but it's not (entirely) true. If you'd registered on the site b4 we went you'd have known that :D

ShortArse said:
should I phone and arrange to meet again????, I have a No

I thought youse were engaged already :augie

ShortArse said:
What follows, is probably gonna hurt.:mcgun

Ya better believe it :D

Attachments

• ShortArse.jpg
    ShortArse.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 78
No bargain

I hope that you didn't pay anymore than 2 camels,

and you should have asked them to shave her first.

Attachments

• The Witch.jpg
    The Witch.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom