22 April - Central's Ride-out to Glencoe

bigaitch

Quiet day here, but I didn't manage to make this organised ride-out today. Did any other tossers turn up and if so, let's have some news please - weather report, turn-out, venue, photos, VFM, casualty list ...... whatever, would be good.

bigaitch

Thought there must have been something on today.
Mate on a Blade called in to the pub, I joined him for a run as far as the gorge in Glencoe this afternoon. Spotted double figures of BMW`s heading South. The first one through I mistook for my mate and waved, he was ready to stop and help, which is nice, but I waved him on.
It was a tad dreich,:augie couple of cars involved in an accident just North of Onich, one had rolled down the banking on the Loch side but it was cleared within the hour.
Good to get out on the bike for a couple of hours.
Welcome to the forum Bigaitch.:beerjug:

Thought there must have been something on today.
Mate on a Blade called in to the pub, I joined him for a run as far as the gorge in Glencoe this afternoon. Spotted double figures of BMW`s heading South. The first one through I mistook for my mate and waved, he was ready to stop and help, which is nice, but I waved him on.
It was a tad dreich,:augie couple of cars involved in an accident just North of Onich, one had rolled down the banking on the Loch side but it was cleared within the hour.
Good to get out on the bike for a couple of hours.
Welcome to the forum Bigaitch.:beerjug:

That was me!

20 of us on GS's were in Fort William for the weekend so it may be some of us you passed.
Yes it was a wet weekend but a great time was had with fantastic roads and good company. Thanks to G.C. who proved a good host on Saturday night.

Mort, did you all come up the A7, passing through Hawick, on Thursday/Friday?:nenau

John, was it you in the car, or were you on the bike slowing down offering to help GC? If the car, wow, what happened, are you ok etc, etc. If the bike, nice, good man!

Mort, did you all come up the A7, passing through Hawick, on Thursday/Friday?:nenau

John, was it you in the car, or were you on the bike slowing down offering to help GC? If the car, wow, what happened, are you ok etc, etc. If the bike, nice, good man!

I was on a K1200GT. Thirty five of us had just had lunch at the Clachaig Inn on our rideout. Nice day out. Bit wet though.

Got my mileage into triple figures on my new R1200GS on the run to the Clachaig Inn at Glen Coe. Weather wasn't great but was well pleased with the R1200GS. The Loch Lomond road is in the middle of roadworks with a lot of the to road surface removed. On my old R1100Rs this would have been a nightmare but the GS took it in its stride. Great Menu at the Clachaig Inn and good catching up with everybody and meeting new people. Because of the weather I didn't actually take any photos of the trip, sorry.

The weather helped test out some modifications I had made to the bike thanks to threads on this forum. I had made up some weather protection for the rear end from Rubber matting and this worked well combined with a rear muguard extender from Mottorad Concepts. Nippy Norman's wasn't nippy enough so fabricated a temporary mudguard extender for my front mudguard.

I'll get some details/photos of the completed modifications posted in the appropriate section once I receive and fit the Mudguard extender and sidestand extender from Not so Nippy Normans.

We came through Hawick about 1pm on Friday and met up with john and Fiona. We were a bit behind due to Georgia's crash/airlift panic.

:D great day out, Trix an i met up with the weedgies at Tyndrum, couldn't believe so many turned up, a lot of GS's too. spent a coupla hours at Clachaig chillin/dryin in great company. then had a wee blast( wind/rain), down to Connel, then dry roads back to Tyndrum and home. It was dry in the east all day :spitfire , typical

a few pics

Surprising weather at Glencoe

Attachments

• april07 008.JPG
    april07 008.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 175
  • april07 010.jpg
    april07 010.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 176
  • april07 011.jpg
    april07 011.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 173
  • april07 018.JPG
    april07 018.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 174
More photos available (and a film!) via a link on Central's website.

dunard

Back
Top Bottom