fork-leg....

farout

Does anybody know how much oil is in the fork-leg??+ what weight the fork oil is.......cheer's:beerjug:

oooopppppppppssssssss!!!!!!!!

2001 1150 g.s, i've been told the amount of oil in each fork-leg is 470ml, not to sure what weight oil to use?????

BMW spec fork oil for the R100 is 10W. Could be they spec the same through out the range but ..........then again we are talking BMW here!

Also I believe that the oil in your legs (you really should stop drinking the stuff) does NOT do any damping function. THEREFORE it is only there to lubricate so use anything you,ve got in the garage.

Howard...

Yup! There's fork oil damping going on in there ... :D

I rode with them dry for a few months after both of the seals broke (ice on the forks) - no change in handling.

Hedgehog,
Why do you have a picture of a Rook on your posts? Shouldn't it be a..........HEDGEHOG?????
Anyroadup, surely you mean :- "nope no damping going on in there" if there was no difference in handling when dry. The telelever spring & damping is ALL taken care of by the shock absorber not the fork legs.

Howard Millichap said:
Anyroadup, surely you mean :- "nope no damping going on in there" if there was no difference in handling when dry.

Howard me old mucker,

think you missed the big grin there..:D :D

for "fork oil damping" read "fu*k all damping"

Go have a beer...

Steve.

Fur cull.....

Fork oil...... 4 call..... Far coil..... whatever.... there's still very little damping goin' on.

Howard : I have got a hedgehog but........ he's feeling a little run down at the moment..... :D
Besides, the bird's got a beak! Nowt wrong with a beak.

Attachments

• crayfish.jpg
    crayfish.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 154

Back
Top Bottom