Eur V9

nozza

Reaction score
Just about to load V9 on my comp then to the 2610. any pit falls or things i shoul do first. Do i uninstall the v8 or does it go on top, same with 2610 :nenau
Nozza

I didn't uninstall v8 and it worked at once.

Now i can choose between version 8 and 9. :p

Don''t forget to upload te right set of cards to your device

Prul

Only thing to watch is the increasing amount of disk-space all these versions will take up...! I had originally the CNE (City Navigator Europe) V6 installed, did the V8 upgrade last year, and then the V9 upgrade last month... and found it took >5Gb of space for them all.

Had a quick chat with Garmin Tech Support, and they basically suggested to uninstall all the versions (uninstall the latest first, etc). Then install the original product but select only 1 map (pick the smallest one).. this is sufficient to get the latest upgrade to recognise an upgradeable copy... then install the V9 update.

Job done, and only 2.3Gb in use by MapSource maps. :)

Only thing to watch is the increasing amount of disk-space all these versions will take up...!

Had a quick chat with Garmin Tech Support, and they basically suggested to uninstall all the versions (uninstall the latest first, etc). Then install the original product but select only 1 map (pick the smallest one).. this is sufficient to get the latest upgrade to recognise an upgradeable copy... then install the V9 update.

Why not just delete the registry entry for the older versions and then delete the old directory's?:rob

Use regedit and find
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
then Software
then Garmin
then Mapsource
then Families
then City Navigator Europe Vx - delete this enty
Then delete the directory x:\Garmin\Mapsource\Families\CNEUR0x or wherever you keep that version

May need a reboot but thats it.

Do backup the reg file first in case of cockups:rolleyes:

John

Back
Top Bottom