All day Scottish breakfast !

~Stef~

Reaction score
After being disapointed at The Green Welly stopping breakfast after 11am (FFS) Anyone know of a decent cafe that does all day breakfast on or about the A82 ?

Heard theres a new place opened up at Arrochar at the petrol station, anyone tried it ?

no but a bit further North ,Tor services on the black isle on the way to Eilean a' Cheo :augie , all day breakie is the job. A good fried pre-fowl and loads o' dead animal too with toasted converted wheat on the side, magic.

Sounds just the ticket, i'll keep that in mind next time I venture further north.

Speed bonny boat over the sea to Eilean a' Cheo

Disnea work dis it :eek

no but a bit further North ,Tor services on the black isle on the way to Eilean a' Cheo :augie , all day breakie is the job. A good fried pre-fowl and loads o' dead animal too with toasted converted wheat on the side, magic.

I live close to that place and following a previous recommendation on here decided to try it. However, I hate to say this, I wasn't at all impressed by the food - but maybe I was just unlucky.

No no no no......the Green Welly is the best place for a nice comfy loo stop and warm up of the hands...but remember the layby caf on the A82, just before the turn off for Killin at Lix .....the best food for on the road...try the griddled potato and cheese rolls....mmmmmm!!! AND it's cheap and proper big mugs of tea!!! :thumb
Then, head up to Tyndrum for a loo visit and quick bite of some fudge or an ice-cream.....sorted!!! :clap

Tried this place a week last Friday on the way over to Ft. Bill..

Nice food for sure, on the other side of the road to the Welly...back towards Crianlarich a wee bit.

Tried this place a week last Friday on the way over to Ft. Bill..

Nice food for sure, on the other side of the road to the Welly...back towards Crianlarich a wee bit.

Right, I'll go first...is there an A in it? :confused:

:D

MacDram said

I live close to that place and following a previous recommendation on here decided to try it. However, I hate to say this, I wasn't at all impressed by the food - but maybe I was just unlucky.
Unlucky - no not for staying there , though you do get blase with something when it is commonplace.

It is certainly MUCH better than the grease site in Inverness at thon trading estate (forget the name, yeah Johnny, may be an age thing :rob )
The Cullen skink at the Green Wellie is good.
Yup IQ, the burger van at the top of Glen Ogle is very good.
The original owner (John if i'm not wrong) was from Cullen and sold the van on to an Englandshire couple who were his neighbours.
They are doing very well and DO have a large menu as you say IQ.:thumb

The Cullen skink at the Green Wellie is good.

Perfect food when yir out on yir bike, and think of the road ahead!
I like both places, I like a venison burger at the van,:thumb south of Lix Toll, but I can clean my visor and use the loo at the Welly. Its run by bikers, its got a bike park. :clap
Bottom line, it’s on a great road, take in the single track road to Loch Etive ! seriously do it ! It’s a beezer. ;)

:thumb2

No no no no......the Green Welly is the best place for a nice comfy loo stop and warm up of the hands

Aye but it stops selling breakfasts at 11am :confused:

There used to be a van at the Black Mount view point, but thinks its closed down.

daft question time how do you get on to this road ?

cheers

Dead easy head north upthe A82 past Tyndrum and the Black Mount you'll see the King House Hotel on your right just before you enter Glen Coe the Glen Etive roads on your left. Look for buachaille etive mor (big pointy mountain) on the left of the road ill attach a pic of etive mor

Attachments

• Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 125
Heading North, just after the Kings House, no more than 2 miles. Take a left at the Buachille Etive Mor
attachment.php

Further in its looks like this

Attachments

• Picture 013.jpg
    Picture 013.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 123
Oh and its a dead end , but worth the ride down. Try and go mid-week or in winter otherwise its full of hillwalkers cars parked on the verge

Back
Top Bottom