Live Feed for Autocom on GS1150

Crash Detective

I have done all the pre installation checks. Found my LOUD SPOTand worked out how to get the speakers in the helmet. I have then worked out the loctaion to put the autocom box and how to feed the cables from the box to the outer aspect of the bike side for the helmet connections. I then read i need to solder the live feed from the Autocom into a ignition controlled live on the bike. having recently read of a soldering accident and a house fire can anybody advice on which fuse in the fuse box i can piggy back the autocom live into,
OR could i use the live to the auxillary power socket.
NOTE TO SELF when riding with female partner as pillion using autocom must not speak out loud about female members of the public.

I used the accessory socket. But with a powerlet 90 degree plug. That way, if I wanted to make sure the autocom is definitely off then I just unplug it :) Another similar way is to get the accessory socket extension from BM and use that, either by chopping off the plug and crimping / soldering the leads or again using the powerlet plug.

The hacking into the bikes wiring depends on what brakes you have. One idea is to tap into the horn circuit as it's ignition switched.

If you go into the fuse box and search through the loom you will find a THICK green and black this is your live feed. The THINNER black and green is not suitable.

The earth is fed the frame via an eyelet connector to the 4mm bolt that holds the seat bracket in place.

Rich @ Autocom

Thankyou GS Rich

Thanks for the advice on locating the live feed. I now believe i have the the micro phone and speakers in the Sweet Spots. There is some wind noise at speeds in excess of the motorway limit. This seems to originate from the base of my Shoei XR1000. it would also appear to be influenced by wind off the screen as if i stretch and sit up (helmet higher in relation to the screen) the wind noise reduces. So it is just a matter now of fine adjustment on the tobinators.

autocom power

If you go into the fuse box and search through the loom you will find a THICK green and black this is your live feed. The THINNER black and green is not suitable.

The earth is fed the frame via an eyelet connector to the 4mm bolt that holds the seat bracket in place.

Rich @ Autocom

Is this the same with 1100gs? Do I just solder a connection into this (rather than any crimp) or is there a point at which I can make a connection? Sorry, but I am a little reluctant at hacking into wiring........

If not where can I pick up a switched live for the autocom? Is it okay to use the fused outlet for the heated grips (fuse 7?).

Bit of a hijack (sorry) but at least its on topic.
I want to power a radio transceiver and the autocom box from the bike.
My mate tells me i'll get ground loop noise issues.
Is this a common problem ?

Anyone else had this issue & how did you get round it ?

Bit of a hijack (sorry) but at least its on topic.
I want to power a radio transceiver and the autocom box from the bike.
My mate tells me i'll get ground loop noise issues.
Is this a common problem ?

Anyone else had this issue & how did you get round it ?

Well last night I wired everything up.
I powered the radio and autocom from the bike.
No problem - even with the engine running.
No noise - nothing.
Smashing.
Now to get it all wired in nice.

Has anyone else noticed the nice Autocom sized cubby hole under the tool tray !

has any one out there had problems with gears jamming on 1150 adventure.

Back
Top Bottom