Plymouth

xbootie

Got the bike booked in for its 18K service on 17 may, down at Ocean who state, it is going to take the best part of the day, now i book a loan bike

question is what do i do for the day, going to try a few of the old haunts a frequented in my yooff, and intend on having a spot of lunch at Captian jaspers on the Barbican (remember the original one), can anyone recommend places to visit or to avoid

SWMBO might be coming along for a day out, if she can get the day off (hope not :blast ) so i might have to go shopping :mad:

Cheers Adrian :beer:

Blip back up the 38 to Marley Head, take the A385 to Dartington (maybe stop at the Dartington Cider Press if you have the Mrs. along).

Continue on to Totnes, turn right after the police station onto the A381, go to Dartmouth (only way to visit at this time of year is on a bike).

Head back to Plymouth via the A379 (leave Dartmouth up Townstall Hill, the big hill past the RN College), at the first mini-roundabout turn left.

Head back to Plymouth via Street, Slapton, Frogmore, East and West Charlton, Kingsbridge, Churchstow and Modbury.

Stop off at Slapton (have an ice-cream) look at the M4 Sherman recovered from the sea a few years ago and stands as a memorial to the US forces killed at Slapton rehearsing the D-Day landings when ambushed by German E-Boats.

The 379 is a nice coastal road with great views. Some 20mph limits through the villages.

The camera's on that route are: Totnes just before the school, main road into Dartmouth before Townstall Hill and one just outside Plymouth on the 379 in Brixton. There's one in Plymouth on Billacombe Road (40mph dual-carriageway) and another on Embankment Road heading out to Ocean, again 40mph dual-carriageway.

If its a sunny day, ride into Tavistock, take the B3212 over Dartmoor towards Princetown, and onto Mortonhampstead. Fernworthy resevoir's worth a look/walk around. I wouldn't bother with Dartmoor if it's raing though :)

Back
Top Bottom