K1200S v K1200GT

Davel

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well, the Harley was sold on Saturday and so I need to find another bike and quickly.

I want to get another BM but fancy a change from the previous GS.

Now I ain't all that fast a rider and I don't go off road but I do commute about 30 miles a day and tour a couple of times a year.

I went to look at a K1200GT yesterday and also looked a the K1200S. Sadly neither were available as demo models at Blue Bell Crewe.

So can I ask for your advice/experiences etc of these two bikes please cos I want to buy a bike quickly and I'm in the lucky position that it's a company bike and so it has to be new or an ex-demo so that we can recover the VAT.

PikeyDave is the man to tell you about the GT as a commuter.

He was waxing lyrical at the CW Ted Simon book signing.

I've had one for a day and would have one if it suited my needs. Hell, I'd have one even though it doesn't (if I could afford one).

GT/S

I have had both, currently selling the GT, hoping to get an HP2, I only changed to the GT for the extra luggage space and comfort, if you want to tour go for the GT, if its just days out, the S, both are great bikes, I`m only really changing because because I can!

Thanks for that - have just ordered the GT.

Loved the S but at 52 and 3/4s, thought the GT would be more comfortable especially in the winter months and for touring, which I hope to do more of.

Take delivery next week.:thumb

Got it!

Picked her up on Friday from Williams Manchester.

Rode it home and then went to the Thundersprint yesterday in the heavy rain.

Very nice indeed - just can't wait to get the 600 mile service done and then make more use of the engine.:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom