France tomorrow- the other guy just cancelled!

biking photographer

Reaction score
Don't know if this is where I should put this- but i'm booked on the 8 o'clock high speed from Portsmouth to Cherbourg and the other guy I was travelling with has just had to cancel, due to family illness. As you can imagine I'm feeling really pissed off at the moment. I'm supposed to be over there till next Tuesday evening- and the weather looks perfect. Anybody travelling in France and want to meet up? I think 6 days on my own might be a bit boring- or it could be a brilliant adventure!Not sure which. What do you think?

Don't know if this is where I should put this- but i'm booked on the 8 o'clock high speed from Portsmouth to Cherbourg and the other guy I was travelling with has just had to cancel, due to family illness. As you can imagine I'm feeling really pissed off at the moment. I'm supposed to be over there till next Tuesday evening- and the weather looks perfect. Anybody travelling in France and want to meet up? I think 6 days on my own might be a bit boring- or it could be a brilliant adventure!Not sure which. What do you think?

I'll bet your not as pissed off as him:nenau

Just get on with it, you'll have a great time:thumb

Shep

You have been stood up twice??? Look on it as an sign from above/below wherever and take yourself :)

france on your tod

Hi
I'm sure it's the latter - a great adventure. Biking in France is always great.
A couple of off-the-cuff ideas:
If you want some company try the places where you'll meet some other bikers\tourists - e.g. WW1, WW2 sites, bikers hotels
Join in some active holiday groups - e.g. canoeing , walking, wine tasting. The web will offer something
Bring a good book and a good map and a phrase book
Bonne route
David

Some of the best trips I have had have been on my own. 6 days in France, sunny forecast, do whatever you want? Sounds fantastic. Have a great trip :thumb2

Where are you going to go?

Doh...............

:)

get ur self down to......

Parce la pan.... South of Le Mans (1 hour) its just south of Noyant... Say hi to Terrry, drinks on me if you post some pictures!

Bilks (Gauloises)

Attachments

• sqish.JPG
    sqish.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 201
Thanks Everybody!

Thanks for the brilliant support everybody. Of course I'm going, what was I thinking of! Thanks again, will post some pictures on my return.

Back
Top Bottom