Intaride Liberty Wireless - Any progress?

GreyArea

Anybody spoken to Intaride about this lately? Any of the people who registered their interest early had any feedback?

The site suggests 'April' (ish) but it seems to get moved on a month every so often - I assume, like many manufacturers, they're at the mercy of their suppliers but it's starting to look like the Holy Grail of intercoms!

I spoke to them last week and now they are saying middle to the end of May. I've been waiting since the evo was launched, ordered a complete kit. evo and liberty.

I'm toying with the idea of giving up on the intaride set-up all together and going for autocom as it is taking too long and I need some kit for a trip I have coming off in 2 weeks. How good is the evo compared to autocom ?

The question is, will it be worth the wait.

I've had an Evo now for six months, and an Autocom before that for about five years.

One isnt better than the other, they both have pros and cons which I think are as follows:

Pros.

Evo is good value for money
Autocom has a good dealer presence
Both have very good customer service

Cons
Evo's Pro Jack's need cleaning often
Autocom charge an arm and a leg for each extra cable you need (and you do need them)
Just my opinion this one, but in some ways they both create more problems than they solve.

That said, Im toying with the idea of returing to an Autocom set up as there is no way of 'fixing' the Evo's sound quality whereas I know that Autocom's is ok.

Good luck,

Mike

I've had an Evo now for six months, and an Autocom before that for about five years.

One isnt better than the other, they both have pros and cons which I think are as follows:

Pros.

Evo is good value for money
Autocom has a good dealer presence
Both have very good customer service

Cons
Evo's Pro Jack's need cleaning often
Autocom charge an arm and a leg for each extra cable you need (and you do need them)
Just my opinion this one, but in some ways they both create more problems than they solve.

That said, Im toying with the idea of returing to an Autocom set up as there is no way of 'fixing' the Evo's sound quality whereas I know that Autocom's is ok.

Good luck,

Mike
No complaints with sound quality as I think the only thing it lacks is Bass and with the size of the speakers needed is difficult to solve anyway, only problem I have is wind noise, so going to try some custom monitors, plus when I haven't got anyone on the back I can just plug them straight into the phone and use the music off that:)

No complaints with sound quality as I think the only thing it lacks is Bass and with the size of the speakers needed is difficult to solve anyway, only problem I have is wind noise, so going to try some custom monitors, plus when I haven't got anyone on the back I can just plug them straight into the phone and use the music off that:)

I cut off the supplied speakers and soldered in a 3.5mm socket in its place. I then connected my Etymotic ER6i isolator in-earphones and they revealed it's shortcomings. It kind of sounds like the difference between a good quality MP3 player and a cheap tape 'walkman' copy from the 80s.

I might be demanding too much, so Im going to have a ride over to Infinity this afternoon where they have an Autocom on demo and have a little reminder.

FYI, I tried the Nolan NCom102 with the Zumo yesterday, and whilst its very convenient and neat - and the sound quality was to be expected, but the volume suprised me - with ear plugs in it was only loud enough in the shop at max volume, which to me means it will probably struggle to be heard above 40mph.

Mike

I but the volume suprised me - with ear plugs in it was only loud enough in the shop at max volume, which to me means it will probably struggle to be heard above 40mph.

Mike

I ordered my custom earplugs with filters in. Cuts out the frequencies of the wind noise and allows through speech and music. You may be able to have them retro-fitted.
In-ear monitors are also great - but obviously not Bluetooth!

I went back to Autocom :thumb quality known, you know what you're getting and when you are getting it :thumb No sound problems :thumb no cleaning of pro jacks :thumb

Was also told early to mid May for the wireless but nothing yet.

Had both Autocom 5pin and now Intaride RP1. Not much between them, have Green Leopard earplugs and all works OK. Did have an intermittent fault with the Intaride microphone but this hasn't returned (yet). The best bit is the Wintec radio definitely get this whatever system you go for... :rob

The best bit is the Wintec radio definitely get this whatever system you go for... :rob

Is the Wintec radio the same as their A80 radio?

I've read somewhere that this radio scans; is that true and does it mean you can ride around picking up any unsecured radio chatter?

Mike

I managed to find an Autocom demo stand and played some music from an iPod. I didnt hear anything to make me thing that one was better than the other when it comes to sound quality. The Intaride is maybe a bit lacking in bass - but not so much that you miss it.

I also narrowed down a static problem I was having down to a bad solder in the 3.5mm socket I put on the headset. Did it again properly and its right as rain.

Back
Top Bottom