Scotland Off Road Whistle Wetter?

cumbriabeems

Hi all, off to Scotland Whitsun weekend on a Loch Lomond - Pitlochry - Fort William - Callander circular (ish) tour.
Anywhere on this route or in the area, is there maybe a little bit off Off Road we can try?
Had a sports bike for some years and the GS is a new thing to us so it must be Very Basic of road, like forest roads etc.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

David and Lyn
:beer: :guitarist

You'll be lucky. Places where you can legally ride off-road in Scotland are few and far between. There are no such things as RUPPs or BOATs here.

There's a 'forest drive' in the Trossachs (nr Callander) ... costs a couple of quid and is pretty tame.

Lifted this link from BMW riders Scotland. Sort of sums it up as well as I’ve seen.

Book into a remore B n B ask the landowner if you can play on his tracks :nenau

If you`re deperate for a bit of "off roading" there`s a road signposted "not suitable for vehicles" along the road next to Loweswater. It`s only a mile or 2 long & brings you out above the trees overlooking the lake. :thumb2

Loweswater

Hi Lee, yes I've seen that one, the old Mosser road. When we first came up here we used to go on that in the car. I think its gone well to seed since 1990.
Another easy but good one is the Braithwaite to Force Crag mine road.
Just really looking for a bit of variety - the Forest Ride in Scotland looks ideal.

Has Changed a Bit !!

You are right there. It was a semi decent surface last time I was on it. Another one we used to drive on but would now wreck a car is the Lorton - Mosser road over Fellbarrow. Took a little VW Polo over it and almost scrapped it but would be a good bike ride.
Just about driving us mad having no bike. All the new clothing is sitting there bought from Pica, maps, etc etc. Hopefully will be this Friday collecting from Southport. :rolleyes:
By the way Lee, just opened a Photobucket page myself. Hope to start adding pics as soon as I pick up the toy

Last edited:
No bike? I thought you were picking it up last week?? I hope Jim & them are looking after you at SSB??

Southports Good

Hi Lee, They are great at Southport. Its just taken a little while to have the money put in the bank. Wont be long now !! A matter of 2 -3 days I am told.

keilder

just drive up to keilder and dissappear into one of the forest tracks some in the dark innards of the forest rate from good level track - to - i`m not going down there, but watch out for forestry workers not many work saturdays

Posted pics rather than linked

Image018.jpg

Image019.jpg

Image020.jpg

Image021.jpg

:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom