Beginner's offroad trip around Morocco, November

Fanum

Toubab
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
A new trip on Moto-Morocco's calender for this year...... beginner's off/on road trip around Morocco.

We'll still spend about 50% of the ride on road and 50% off road, but for this particular trip we'll be doing much easier, less technical pistes.

A lot of them will be graded road (basically a proper road but not tarmacced) some will be hard gravel or flat rock and there will be some slightly stony tracks, but no scary descents or serious loose rocky climbs or anything like that.:eek:

looproad.jpg
hp2palms.jpg
Pic-16-350-x-350.jpg

You'll get to see the sights as well.....Todra gorge, Draa Valley, Daades valley, the high mountain passes and some of the main cities like Fez, Meknes and of course Marrakech (where the tour starts and finishes)

We'll pick up your bike in the UK about a week before the trip , then you fly in to be met by us at the airport on the 16th Nov, taken to our hotel base and after a great night out in the square, we'll start off the next morning for the mountains.
Pic-14-350-x-350.jpg
marrameal.jpg
kasbahdidi.jpg

We'll return to the hotel on the 27th Nov and the next day we'll take you back to the airport for your flight home, then we'll bring your bike back to you in the UK about a week later.

If you'd rather ride down to join the tour you can, or you could even join up at the Moroccan border and we'll help you through.

This trip will be suitable for beginners to off-roading, people who have done some but want to take a pillion or anyone who just wants to do some very gentle off-roading whilst still seeing the country.

We won't be camping.......this will be hotels, auberges and riads all the way, with the possible exception of a night in a Bedouin camp near Erg Chebbi...so you'll always be fresh, fully fed and ready to go the next day.
127524828-L.jpg

There will as always be a fully equipped 4x4 with the trip.
127524782-L.jpg

That means no luggage for you to carry and ride with....we'll shift that between hotels so you can ride with no extra weight, but it also means you'll have the full back up of a good toolkit, spares, spare tyres , recovery trailer and first aid kit on the trip.

It also means that if you or your pillion need to (pavement sausage belly, just plain tired etc) you could have a day off and ride in the 4x4.

We even have bikes for hire, so if you can't be without your own bike for the week before and the week after the trip, you can use one of ours instead :)

We've got ads in Bike magazine now and bookings are picking up, so it would be wise to get in touch soon to reserve a place on this trip.

There are two other trips this Autumn...September's is close to being fully booked but that's a full-on dual sport tour, covering a lot of the pistes that Tim's talking about in his current ride report.....you'd have a slightly easier time than his group though because again, you'd be without luggage.
We also have a Road-only tour in October.....that's for any bike over 500cc and won't leave the tarmac, so it's ideal for pillions and those who don't want to get off the smooth stuff :)
88954476-L.jpg

You can call Moto Morocco on 0845 257 7812, or call me on 077 9595 4449, PM me here or e-mail Information@moto-morocco.com or bookings@moto-morocco.com

:thumb2

I have not signed a release form for the use of my "macho" riding image for your marketing material! :D

I am sure that image alone will persuade dozens to sign up for your tours :augie

Attachments

• 88954476-L.jpg
    88954476-L.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 811
Prices for this trip

• Solo bike, collected and returned to UK* £1540

• Solo bike, meeting up in Spain or Morocco £850

• Pillion, either case above £440

125231512-L.jpg

*depending on location....please contact for details

Prices for this trip

• Solo bike, collected and returned to UK* £1540

• Solo bike, meeting up in Spain or Morocco £850

• Pillion, either case above £440

*depending on location....please contact for details

how much to <s>trash</s> er rent one of your bikes?

Would sir like an 1100, an 1150 vanilla, an 1150 Adv or a 1200Adv??

No 650's available at the moment, but I'm working on that. :D

off road trip: 650 for sure.

on road: how much difference in price?

off road trip: 650 for sure.

on road: how much difference in price?

If we take your own bike down (and the trips are designed for GS's so don't worry about that) it'd be £1540........if you hired our most expensive bike (1200GSA) it'd be £1950 so a couple of week's hire of a 1200GSA for £400 ain't bad ;)

If you want to ride down and join us in Spain or Morocco, only £850.:eek: :eek:
:thumb2

We are trying to get 650's but that's not going to happen for a while, and TBH, I doubt they'd be any better in that environment.

There are several people who will be riding down to join this trip, so if anyone wants to do that, we'll try and arrange it so there's a mini-convoy going down :thumb2

Pic-03-350-x-350.jpg

Bill - this is a great idea, i would of loved to come but November is a bad month for me. Hopefully it will become a regular trip on the calendar!!

Bill - this is a great idea, i would of loved to come but November is a bad month for me. Hopefully it will become a regular trip on the calendar!!

Cheers David.....from the enquiries and phone calls over the last week it does look like it's going to be popular, so yes, I'll certainly be running some more next year :thumb2

There is a trip in October that I have a couple of slots left for if that's any good for you....on road only but you still get a good tour of the country :)

Fanum give us a bell

Is this suitable for pillions wife wants to come to.
We are definite if places available.
Tel 01604 405066

I'm very interested, (as per email), but I won't get a chance to discuss it with the boss until she gets back on the weekend...

Al...

I'm very interested, (as per email), but I won't get a chance to discuss it with the boss until she gets back on the weekend...

Al...

Al....I hope you got my reply email??

Let me know if you didn't...I haven't had a bounce back message though :nenau

Buy her a bunch of flowers......that's worth 20 passout points.......doing the washing up for a week or two is worth three points a pop and there are some really nice things you can promise to bring back from the Soukh that will help as well :D

14833399-L-1.jpg

Yes I did get your post Bill... I even replied to it...??? Something like "I have to ask the Wife, and I'll get back to you"...

Al...

totally going

Bill,
Put me done on the list, me and my trusted twin spark are going to get ready for this.! bril.:D
PM you with my address.:thumb2
Bill

Yes I did get your post Bill... I even replied to it...??? Something like "I have to ask the Wife, and I'll get back to you"...

Al...

:blast Sorry Al, so many emails and messages this week....got it, and good luck with the missus :thumb2

Bill,
Put me done on the list, me and my trusted twin spark are going to get ready for this.! bril.:D
PM you with my address.:thumb2
Bill

Excellent......good to have you on board Bill :clap

Back
Top Bottom