Which system?

madmax

Reaction score
Right straight to the point, which intercom system is recomended, I only want rider to pillion, with ipod and mobile connection. Had a look round and I'm lost on the choices that are available. Any help greatly received.
Thank you, Madmax.

I've the Active 7, which has been on a couple of bikes. One of the nice guys also posts on the forum.

I've got GPS, MP3 and pillion inputs. Might be also worthwhile adding in in-ear monitors.

I would recommend the Autocom Kit 200 Duo. It contains everything that you need including connecting leads for your MP3 player and mobile phone. It has plenty of sockets for future expansion, and 2 critical features for me - sidetone (hear your own voice through the system) and a microphone that swiches off completely when not in use (thus giving the quietest possible environment.
Autocom has good dealer network and excellent customer service.

Everyone on the forum has their own favourite system. The competition is fierce out there in the market place so all the manufacturers are kept on their toes. The "top dogs" are fairly even, but try to avoid the bottom end of the market.

No affiliations with Autocom etc, etc...

Autocom.................. doesn't matter what system you get, they are simply the best. They understand bike comms and their stuff does what it says on the tin. Been using their stuff for years now, touring all over Europe and it's never failed.

Any time we've had a problem (five of us) we've rung them, once from Germany, and got the answers over the phone. Cannot speak highly enough of their product or their customer support. Some may think they're expensive, but I've found with Autocom you definitely get what you pay for.

The Starcom kit is very good. It's also very compact!

The downside, according to pals who have it is the size of the plugs used for the helmet kit - too small or something, and they wish they had normal size DIN plugs as per Autocom.

You could also check out another UK Company... http://www.intaride.com/

They are VERY competitive on price and are likely to be the First wireless system between Helmet and Hub...

I took delivery of their 'EVO' system last week and so far, it is easily on a par with some of those mentioned above with every possible input you may need....:thumb

Autocom all day everyday for me.

Had one on my Bandit with Phone, I-pod and pillion connections, never had any problems with it. Just bought the Active rider system (the 200 me finks!) and having it fitted next week to the GSA.. Good luck with the decision..:thumb

Personally I would go for the intaride. Not only is it very competativly priced, but it also has bluetooth phone link for £45, the sound quality is excellant, service is 20/10, quality also 20/10. and it's so easy to expand the systerm, ie GPS, Bike to bike, wire free to helmet etc. In my opinion they are the leaders in the industry.

What put me off the autocom is everything is an extra, leads mega expensive, and although I believe the GSRich gives good service, he seems the only one. I ended up taking mine back to get a refund as I wasn't happy with the quality.

AJ

Back
Top Bottom