A clean re-install of Mapsource and CN

Droopy Dick

Reaction score
Following some computer cock-ups, I decided that I'd perform a clean re-install of Mapsource and CN.

Although the "Add/Remove Programs" tool will remove the main Mapsource application, it won't remove the CN application, which seems to just sit there.

I've tried manual uninstall, but when trying to do the re-install, the setup program tells me that it's detected a previous installation, and then offers to repair, modify or remove .... except that remove doesn't seem to totally remove things.

Apart from a directory labeled Garmin, I'm assuming that the registry might be littered with various references to Mapsource or City Navigator.

Can anyone tell me where to look to enable me to remove all traces of Mapsource, etc so that I can start again?

Can anyone tell me where to look to enable me to remove all traces of Mapsource, etc so that I can start again?

Use regedit to find the Garmin entry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE / Software / Garmin

Delete the Darmin entry. This will delete ALL sub entries of Garmin so make sure thast what you want to do!

Then delete the directory x:\Garmin\ and all its sub-directories (folders in mickysoft speak). Make sure you don't want anything in the sub-dirs.

Re-boot, re-install

Or, get a copy of Your Uninstaller 2006 or a derivative and install and run that. As you have partially uninstalled, you may still need a manual delete of the Garmin dir.

John

Back
Top Bottom