long way down

the king has spoken! I would have thought there'd be a web cam at John-o-gorats perhaps you could log on and have a look...?

just had a look cant find anything which is disappointing would have liked to have met them at the forth bridge and im sure others would have too

Saw a bit in the Daily Mail today.
The trip started on Saturday, under a cloak of secrecy (their words). Boorman's bike took the huff and delayed the start until 10 o'clock (shoulda used 1150's).
Maybe they didn't want a load o' Tossers accompanying them.
The whole trip seems to be shrouded in secrecy. Last time I looked at their website, there was nothing on it about Long Way Down. just various books and DVD's for sale re LWR & Race to Dakar.

BB

A touch disappointed at the secrecy or lack of publicity on this one a couple of the lads I was out with on Saturday dropped in by Urqhuart castle on the way up Loch Ness and managed to get a photo and a chat with Ewan but having seen the castle before I didn’t stop. The two that did stop were were able to get an audience because they were part of a group of 13 of us from Aberdeen on a coast to coast moped run. The run had two rules 1. bike had to cost less than £300 and 2. had to have less than 100cc. Probaly the best biking weekend I have had in my life who needs speed power or reliability

just had a look cant find anything which is disappointing would have liked to have met them at the forth bridge and im sure others would have too

Hi David.Spoke to the two Crews of nissan patrols today as they passed through Rothbury,were meeting the bikes at Hadrians wall,camping at Silverstone tonight.for more info www.bbc.co.uk/longwaydown. ALDY

thought the story about them using URALS was a joke but if they have only got as far as silverstone then im not so sure

A touch disappointed at the secrecy or lack of publicity on this one
I'm not. In fact, I'm surprised with the start at JOG. They've got the length of Scotland and England to dodge all of the well intentioned supporters and the wannabees. :eek:

I would have thought they have started from London and got out of the UK as soon as possible on day 1.

Kai

I'm not. In fact, I'm surprised with the start at JOG. They've got the length of Scotland and England to dodge all of the well intentioned supporters and the wannabees. :eek:

I would have thought they have started from London and got out of the UK as soon as possible on day 1.

Kai

wannabewats????

Oh, do you mean the kind of people that watch the show, buy the books, and dvd's and this help fund the enterprise? or do you mean the kind of people that you see from time to time here that do the whole thing out of their own pocket?

its a business venture for these guys, those well intentioned supporters are a good income source

wannabewats????

Oh, do you mean the kind of people that watch the show, buy the books, and dvd's and this help fund the enterprise? or do you mean the kind of people that you see from time to time here that do the whole thing out of their own pocket?

its a business venture for these guys, those well intentioned supporters are a good income source

No, he probably means all the half wits that would have turned up on their bikes hoping to get their mugs on the TV and become (in their own mind) a bit of a celebrity...:rolleyes:

No digs at anyone intended. I just think the plan for the first two days of filming quite clearly didn't involve hoardes of 'other bikers' getting in the way ... however well intentioned.

Surprised too that they decided to go on a weekend. Mind you, the weather was dreadful.

Kai

No digs at anyone intended. I just think the plan for the first two days of filming quite clearly didn't involve hoardes of 'other bikers' getting in the way ... however well intentioned.

Surprised too that they decided to go on a weekend. Mind you, the weather was dreadful.

Kai

I'm sure with careful editing they'd manage to avoid it ;)

afterall there is no sight or mention of the other bikers and various overlanders that they stopped and took advise from on the LWR ;)

Don't know what time they arrived at Hadrians Wall or Silverstone...they may have been very slightly delayed after stopping at our cottage for coffee and choccie biccies !!!! Talk about surprised! :eek: this was about 11:30 on Monday morning...it was fantastic to meet them all and see the new bikes up close........good luck Ewan and Charley and Claudio !! :clap

Attachments

• DSCF0344.JPG
    DSCF0344.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 396

Back
Top Bottom