Ram bracket question for DL1000 K2

IluvmyGS

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I'm hoping you might be able to help??

Hubby has a Suzuki DL1000 K2 V-Strom and was wondering where is a good idea to place a ram mounting bracket for a Garmin Zumo550.

He's had a look on a V-Strom forum and seen that someone actually attached theirs to the fairing behind the windscreen above the dials. He posted a question as to whether or not placing it in that position works well, but hasn't had any responses.

Do any of you good people here know? He needs to know pretty soon as his bike is going into our local Suzuki dealership Monday to have the Zumo fitted . . . . .well, somewhere anyway ;)

Your ideas and thoughts would be appreciated :D

Cheers

Shirley

Hi everyone

I'm hoping you might be able to help??

Hubby has a Suzuki DL1000 K2 V-Strom and was wondering where is a good idea to place a ram mounting bracket for a Garmin Zumo550.

He's had a look on a V-Strom forum and seen that someone actually attached theirs to the fairing behind the windscreen above the dials. He posted a question as to whether or not placing it in that position works well, but hasn't had any responses.

Do any of you good people here know? He needs to know pretty soon as his bike is going into our local Suzuki dealership Monday to have the Zumo fitted . . . . .well, somewhere anyway ;)

Your ideas and thoughts would be appreciated :D

Cheers

Shirley

Hubs also called me as well for a chat :D the existing Zumo mount could be used on the V-strom, or both get RAM-B-231Z for each bike and a RAP-319 for the 12GS, then switch between both, but you'll need a power lead on each, it depend if you wish to share or get your own set up, in that case he has the kit in the box and you get RAM-B-149ZA-Q1 and RAP-319 plus spare Garmin cradle and power lead and fit on LHS side of the clocks on the oval rail .... which is where our chat ended :thumb

Back
Top Bottom