Schuberth R1 vs Schuberth S1 vs Arai

longdog

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I would like to hear any experience or comments about these helmets. Both types suit my head shape, so comments please about quality, spares, comfort, quietness, etc.

Personally, I am leaning toward the Arai Chaser because it feels so much lighter.

I've got the chaser. Nice helmet. Comfortable, works and is ok for long days on the bike. Fits an autocom fairly easily.

Just be careful as to the one you buy though - check over carefully. Am now onto my 2nd as the first was definately a friday afternoon job. Vents shagged, glue unstuck, burrs on the D rings causing the neck strap to fray...etc etc.. Not impressed for a £300+ helmet.

I've got the chaser. Nice helmet. Comfortable, works and is ok for long days on the bike. Fits an autocom fairly easily.

Just be careful as to the one you buy though - check over carefully. Am now onto my 2nd as the first was definately a friday afternoon job. Vents shagged, glue unstuck, burrs on the D rings causing the neck strap to fray...etc etc.. Not impressed for a £300+ helmet.

Cheers Mate :thumb

I had the S1 and sold it because I found the chin section was hiting my shoulder armour when doing lifesavers. Quality helmet but try with your gear on.....unlike me buying at the NEC with beer goggles on:beerjug:

It's all a matter of opinion. Arai's - great helmet very comfortable fit but but for me, I found them too noisy. I eventually opted for the Schuberth S1 carbon - very expensive I know but to my mind you get what you pay for.

My S1 fits beautifully, is extremely quiet (particularly with earplugs) and vents closed and is nice and light. Getting the visor open while on the move can be a bit fiddly at first. Never had any problems with life savers. The visors are extremely easy to remove and replace though you have to be careful that the little tabs on each side don't break off (it's just a matter of taking care). No problems with misting either.

Got a Schuberth R1, absolutely brilliant! Well chuffed, good fit, quiet, well made, autocom fits in easily, no problems with visibility or lifesavers.
Try one and sit on a bike in the shop, you may feel (and look) like a prat but, it's a lot of dosh. Its your head get one that fits it properly.
Hope this helps.
MT

I'm on my second S1 - I got the pinlock option too - no more misting :D The helmet was the best fit for me by miles and the flip down sun visor is a great gadget.

If you've money to burn then Schuberth now have their Bluetooth stuff out called 'Bluesonic'.

Like I've said elsewhere, buy it abroad if you want to save a bit - rip off Britain still exists......

Back
Top Bottom