mapsource route to tracks?

ericthebrave

Hi is it possible to convert a route to a track in mapsource? I'm making up a route for a Scotland trip and i want to convert it into a track which follows the 'road route' that mapsource has calculated.

The reason i want to do this is so i can then load it into Memory map, and i'll then have the route superimposed over OS maps, so i can then print out the OS map sheets for my scottish trip, and take them with me.

I can get the route uploaded into the quest and download this into Memory map....but memory map doesnt have the ability to put the route onto roads, so it just does straight line jumps between the Quests routing waypoints, ie doesnt follow the road exactly. I can just use a bit of common sense snd still print these maps out, but thought it would be nice to have an OS map printout of my exact route, and as far as i can see the only way to do this is to convert the mapsoursce / quest route into a track and load into memory map.

So is there a way to do this??

thanks in advance

IDid you know that the latest version of mapsource has a set of track drawing tools? So you could actually plot out your track using the drawing tool. Unfortunately, sections between via points are in a straight line, rather than following roads.

Alternatively, you could try WinGDB which supports conversion in either direction (tracks to routes and vice versa). Not sure if it works with the latest versions of MapSource though. You can find version 1.1 here.

If you're having problems with WinGDB, then save your GDB file as a Version 2 GDB in Mapsource, and it should work fine.

Back
Top Bottom