Many folk going to Rosedale?

Rosedale??

"International" GS rallye in Rosedale, North Yorks moors, this coming bank holiday weekend.

TBH I only found out about it by chance on Monday and i only live down the road :rolleyes:

Need to get another GS sharpish now :D

The Eurotrash are coming over from Belgica - lock up your daughters - hide your wives - round up your sheep :blast ....I didn't say that .... did I ? :eek:

Looking forward to visiting Yorkyshire - I am told it's God's own country and we are ready to roll. See ya there tossers !!!
:beerjug: :beer: :beer: :beerjug: :Motomartin

We'll be there too...:thumb2

Wouldn't want to miss Austin Vince and his Ohhh Soooo Monodo Enduro madcapishness... I'll just never forget his last appearance at Horizons last summer... darn near wet meself laughin...:eek: :D

Got me off road Fritz head on... and booked in for a blitzin with Uncle Jim Bryan round the nice twisty tarmac bits too...:bounce1

Don't forget The Chimney... steepest bit of road in England apparently.... Can't wait...:eek :D

Blimey nearly forgot the most important bit... PROPER ALE WITH A REET BIG 'ED ON IT... mmmmmmmmmm.......

Last edited:
Looks splendid ;) , now can I take the DRZ? :nenau :bounce1

And where the feck is Chris :beer: Kelly on all these rideouts?

A few heading up from the SW I think.
We're heading up Thursday and either stopping off somewhere or going straight to the site depending where the ride takes us.

Cool, lloking forward to meeting some more tossers:)

He was with us the last time we went up Rudland Rigg (which is included on one of the off road ride outs)... Maybe the infamous STEPS put him off....:ymca :augie :D

Rudland rig is rather hairy at the mo, it's really loose and dry as a bone so you get bored and wind it on a bit............. get a bit more bored and wind it on a bit more........... then at about 65 ish a grouse decides to take off and fly across the track and reach chest height just as you get to it :eek:

Or so I've been told:augie
Loads of cracking lane round there though.
Is pockley moor on the run?

....this is very much my neck O' the woods N'all........

....BUT.....previous engagement with Mr James Toseland and Co' at Silverstone.......:bow :thumb2

Sure , you can get upto 65mph on Rudland Rigg , in fact a ton plus is possible if you are the Knighter or similar or daft ( OK thats most of the Tossers then ). Don`t forget that the Rigg is a carriageway & therefore the RTA applies with a max speed of 60 mph I believe for single carriageways . The TRF advocate a voluntary max speed of 25 mph when the conditions are suitable . The Rosedale weekend being a Bank Holiday will attract many walkers onto the hills . The NERC bill has already closed Hutton Gate to the North of Rudland Rigg & the local TRF group are trying to get that decision reversed ( using some clause of the act , too complicated for me to understand ) .
All I am saying here really is by all means have a good time but PLEASE be mindfull of the image you portray to " others " , unfortunately it`s the "others" who seem to have the ears of the powers that be.
Pockley Moor is still open although a TRO is currently being prepared . Part of the moor is so deeply rutted that I doubt a boxer could make progress.
Harry

Back
Top Bottom