StreetPilot III

Jarv

Reaction score
Just acquired a Street Pilot III - marvelous! - and want to mount it on my GSAdv.
I have seen the Touratech mounts which look really nice but was wondering if there are alternates that anyone can recommend?

Also on the headset front, what do you use to connect up to the unit for the audio instructions. A normal pair of "bud" type earphones seems favorite but I usually wear ear plugs - I have heard of but never seen in-ear earphones that can be molded to your ear, anyone seen these?

Jarv said:
Just acquired a Street Pilot III - marvelous! - and want to mount it on my GSAdv.
I have seen the Touratech mounts which look really nice but was wondering if there are alternates that anyone can recommend?

Also on the headset front, what do you use to connect up to the unit for the audio instructions. A normal pair of "bud" type earphones seems favorite but I usually wear ear plugs - I have heard of but never seen in-ear earphones that can be molded to your ear, anyone seen these?

try earincEra-inc

I went to a hearing aid shop, got them to make a mold, shipped it to them, and they shipped the ear plugs back. Fantastic sound !!

The only other ones I've seen are the Garmin/BMW own one a simple clamp which utilises the same plastic mount as the bean-bag jobbie does or the RAM MOUNT System which offers flexibilty in where you mount your SPIII. the RAM can be bought for around £20 from www.gpsw.co.uk and others.

Some (like me) utilise the RAM mount in combination with the Touratech mount for added peace of mind or ultimate pose :D

Custom moulded monitors are all the rage these days and can be had for as 'little' as £130, got mine from www.ultimateear.com . Though I've heard of mobile phone earpeices being used too though that would work with plugs.

I've also known an external speaker be used negating the need for any earpiece. Make sure you're aware its a 2.5mm socket not the regular 3.5mm socket of nearly everything else.

By using the time/distance countdown and the junction pictorials, you can easily use the unit without Betty's dulcets. Practice in a car with the volume turned down.

:headphone

Greg

judge said:
Make sure you're aware its a 2.5mm socket not the regular 3.5mm socket of nearly everything else.

I bought a 'reducing' 3.5 jack socket to 2.5 jack plug jack from MAPLINS - 99p
You can use any 3.5 jack then!

If think this is a 'plug' for you to buy from Maplins........... it is........I own the company and want YOUR money.

Back
Top Bottom