XT 660 R

SIM

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Toying with the idea of buying a XT660R and was wondering if anyone has any information on them. I have taken one for a test ride and they seem pretty good, all thought the build quality does not seem as good as my 1100GS, which i will be selling.

I am not sure if jap bike engines will do the sort of mileage that my BMW has done without needing any real attention, I can nearly trade the GS in for the same as a new XT, that must say something of the difference in quality of the two bikes. I understand you cannot really compare the two bikes but would be intrested in any views from those who have owned a XT.

Cheers

Simon

Haven't owned one so not going to comment about riding etc. Will say though that your 1100 will depreciate very slowly, and used XT's drop like a stone if they have any mileage on them. Whilst it might seem nice to own a new/nearly new bike, you will lose huge great dollops of cash for the privelage.

I've got one:clap :clap :clap

One of the best bikes I've had:
65+mpg, loadsa extras, comfy, easy maintenance, does Euro touring & Welsh bog-trotting, light weight, cheap to buy........I could go on.
New from D&K or eBay for £3200 or so with 2 years warranty.
Bunged over 20,000 miles on mine in 12 months & never missed a beat!
Photos on Adv.Rider site re Rhayader meet last month.

Get one & enjoy :beerjug:

I've got one:clap :clap :clap

One of the best bikes I've had:
65+mpg, loadsa extras, comfy, easy maintenance, does Euro touring & Welsh bog-trotting, light weight, cheap to buy........I could go on.
New from D&K or eBay for £3200 or so with 2 years warranty.
Bunged over 20,000 miles on mine in 12 months & never missed a beat!
Photos on Adv.Rider site re Rhayader meet last month.

Get one & enjoy :beerjug:

Hi Rampant Stallion

sorry I missed meeting you last month,Basil was telling me about your XT.
I to left the BMW for a XT660,and Love it.
I'm getting 70mpg at the moment,and it take's 2 up touring with the panniers full with no problem.
I dont think the finish will be a problem compaired to the new Bmw's ,I had a new one start to lose the paint on the forks and engine after 6 month's :spitfire and that bike cost me £6000 more than my XT.so If I use the XT for 3 years and it's worth £0 then I will have still had my money's worth.
Let me know how you get on Sim,not long now for Iceland :thumb

If you can find a dealer the MZ baghira is a much better bike - it uses the older XTZ motor (carbs instead of EFI but same power) but the finish is better, it has more and better suspension travel, it has a proper high level exhaust, its build quality is way better than the yam and its costs only a little more. TT do luggage frames for it for touring. Only downside is very few dealers.
If you get a big single to 50k you will be doing well.

Back
Top Bottom