full Face lid

beacon

Reaction score
any one out there using the B*W full face lid I,m looking at it, but have heard that it lets the rain in when it rains! true or false any other comments!

beacon said:
any one out there using the B*W full face lid I,m looking at it, but have heard that it lets the rain in when it rains! true or false any other comments!

Try pulling the visor down:D

I take it you mean the Sportintegral?

I have had the lid a few months now and am slowly growing to hate it. It is meant to be quiet - but only if your head is at a certain angle to the wind which unfortunately is not the same angle you'd have while riding a GS, but probably would on sports bikes. The visor mists up externally really badly in anything from light drizzle to moderate rain. However it doesn't let the rain in.

Mike

I’ve yet to find any lid that doesn’t let water in, and if it does stop the rain coming in then it steams up like mad. I have found that Fog City inserts help with the misting problem, but they then have a problem with the top seal making it leak when raining.
I think the only answer is a heated visor with a windscreen wiper, or better still just don’t go to work when its raining.

Have tried most lids over the years I`m now a commited fan of the Schuberth Concept. Not the quietest but then I wear ear plugs. I love the flip down sun visor as I find sun glasses and helmets problematic and the facility of notching the the visor forward a couple of mm enabling a bit of airflow reduces the fogging to just about zero....Yep I`m a big fan.

Worst helmet I ever bought...ROOF

Most uncomfortable...Shoei

Must concur Dave, geting the tobinator thing to try to relieve noise a little but as a day to day practical bit of kit....can't be beat.

Iv had a sport integral for 4 months now. I quite like it - light and comfortable. I have not found it to leak and it is quite quiet... having said that I use ear plugs always when going for a longer than commute kind of rides. Also iv only used it in light rains.

At commuting speeds crack it a bit and fog is no problem. At higher speeds closed it is fine (with both vents open).

There may be better lids but it has been good for me at a reasonable price.

Note, however, iv not used the lid through a winter yet so it may not be good when the really bad weather hits.

I have a Sports Integral sitting on my shelf, only used a few times, anybody want it.....

... it is blue 56 size will go to anybody who pays post & packing plus a donation to charity. Their choice of charity and amount is theirs....

A good dry weather helmet, lot quieter and lighter than the System4 and good for those wearing glasses.....

but, the airflow is such that it tends not to clear itself of spray in the rain so you keep having to tilt your head this way or that way in order to get some airflow over the visor. In the end I tended to ride with the visor half open which did two three things

a. ensured it did not mist on the inside
b. cleared the visor on the outside of rain spray
c. leaves you with a soggy head....

In the end I bought an Arai R7 and a new pair of glasses that would fit.....

Adam,

I'm a size 56 (wey-hey :D ), I'll give it a try, where abouts are you?

Could be a good excuse for a ride...........

I would have pm'd or e-mailed you, but you've said no to both in your profile....................

Cheers

Jon

Out of the Sport Integral and the Arai Quantum F in my garage I prefer the SI for longer journeys because it keeps my head cooler and whatever the aerodynamics do for rain they keep the bugs off better.

Back
Top Bottom