Tax payable for items bought from the US?

Deleted account W

Just ordered a Roadcrafter suit from Aerostich. The total price with shipping and all the extras I wanted is $972

What can I expect to pay in import tax when it gets delivered?

Nice colour eh?

Attachments

• ScreenShot009.jpg
    ScreenShot009.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 705
If the import duty is 12% then the calculation is:

972 x 12% = 116.64

972 + 116.64 * 17.5% = 190.51

190.51 + 116.64 = 370.15 import duty and vat

At current exchange rates thats about £185 plus you will have to pay the couriers a handling fee of about £12 for doing the paperwork and passing the money to the Revenooo. :spitfire

lucky dip' always say no invoice in box and mark as a present/gift.;)
i import goods every month from usa and sometimes i get import tax plus UPS broker fee :( .just hope.

lucky dip' always say no invoice in box and mark as a present/gift.;)
i import goods every month from usa and sometimes i get import tax plus UPS broker fee :( .just hope.

Aerostitch won't falsify the shipping documentation or leave out an invoice, smaller companies will but it's a federal offence to do so. :(

Aerostitch won't falsify the shipping documentation or leave out an invoice, smaller companies will but it's a federal offence to do so. :(

barstewards:D :D :D

Import taxes

Have you got a relative,or friend with a U.S.address? they could ship a gift.

paintman.

Try looking for import codes isuued by customs and excise that cover 'protective equipment' or 'lifesaving apparatus' and be creative

i imported some radio gear from canada, it was marine stuff ,so i found out that if it was lifesaving apparatus then theres a code that allows you to import it w/o paying import duty,but never had to use it as my stuff wasnt stopped, might be worth a try:augie

Just ordered a Roadcrafter suit from Aerostich. The total price with shipping and all the extras I wanted is $972 What can I expect to pay in import tax when it gets delivered?

import tax .. just a thought.. ask Aerostitch for their tarriff code number, if they export then US fed should have an allocated number so by using/quoting when goods arrive any handler can check and assign the correct % of levied duty :thumb2

Just ordered a Roadcrafter suit from Aerostich. The total price with shipping and all the extras I wanted is $972

What can I expect to pay in import tax when it gets delivered?

Nice colour eh?

Good on you mate! That's a great colour combination :thumb2

Attachments

• DSC_0005.JPG
    DSC_0005.JPG
    120 KB · Views: 458
I have just bought a Thunderheader exhaust for my Harley:ymca from USA. Got the guy to mark the value at $250:augie . Delivered by Parcel Force. Total to pay before I collected which included vat, import and handling charge was £48

Stumpy

I had to pay duty on mine last year, but I'm sure it was around £100 including Parcelforce handling fee. I didn't do anything sensible like keep receipts or anything.

It'll be worth the wait, Mr Whatton! What extras did you get to bump the price up? Mine was $790 (I think).

What extras did you get to bump the price up? Mine was $790 (I think).

$50 to have the suit altered to suit my stumpy little legs
$20 left sleeve window pocket
$30 hip pads
$60 back pad
$65 shipping

I imported some ski boots from the US - can't see why the duty rate would so different. VAT and 4% duty. But the buggers charge you the VAT and duty on your postage fee too :spitfire

I think I was lucky...

Well this will probably pee off most of the people who have written to this thread.

I ordered a Roadcrafter 1 piece on 4 June (grey and black)... it arrived on 15 June... (it was a stock suit with no alterations)

...and there were no additional costs. I'd thought I would be hit for all sorts of costs (import duty, Parcelforce, VAT etc). But, none of the sort. It was just there in its box when I got home with no additional charges.

And it is absolutely great - a bit stiff at first but still very comfortable. And so easy to get in and out of. Fantastic stuff.

Anyone buying one should go with what they recommend re size - I thought they were sending me something way to big (a 42L - seemed big for someone six foot and 12 stone...) but it fits brilliantly. Anything smaller would have been too tight.

So there we go... I guess I was very lucky about the lack of additional costs...

Great bit of kit...

Steve

Well this will probably pee off most of the people who have written to this thread.

I ordered a Roadcrafter 1 piece on 4 June (grey and black)... it arrived on 15 June... (it was a stock suit with no alterations)

...and there were no additional costs. I'd thought I would be hit for all sorts of costs (import duty, Parcelforce, VAT etc). But, none of the sort. It was just there in its box when I got home with no additional charges.

And it is absolutely great - a bit stiff at first but still very comfortable. And so easy to get in and out of. Fantastic stuff.

Anyone buying one should go with what they recommend re size - I thought they were sending me something way to big (a 42L - seemed big for someone six foot and 12 stone...) but it fits brilliantly. Anything smaller would have been too tight.

So there we go... I guess I was very lucky about the lack of additional costs...

Great bit of kit...

Steve

Nah, not luck mate, there's still time for Revenue and Customs to come after you, they have been known to take months. But you might be lucky.:mmmm

:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom