bodge a Givi wing rack on BMW rails?

Ogmios

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
bodgers needed for advice:D
anyone know of a simple means of fitting a givi wingrack onto BMW pannier rails?
bike is an 1990 R100gs.
4 suitable brackets to clamp a flat plate to the 10mm tube (hmm - say 12mm inc. a bit of rubber to cushion) would do it and make it short, sweet and simple. that way i can swop bracketry with ease when needed.
thought of "galvastrip" (glorified meccano), pipe clamps, dexion. looked in motor factors, Halfords, builders suppliers:eek: - also done a lot of googling....
can find nothing that fits (sic!) the bill..
Thanks!:thumb2
damnit:mad: - i had pics to show what i mean.... have to try and post them later.

anyhow - T.I.A!

self explanatory pics...

the flat alloy bit to the roundy tubey bit...:D

Attachments

• giviGSedit1.jpg
    giviGSedit1.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 167
  • giviGSedit2.jpg
    giviGSedit2.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 160
  • giviGSedit3.jpg
    giviGSedit3.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 161
  • giviGSedit31.jpg
    giviGSedit31.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 146
Unless you particularly want to bodge?? :nenau I believe Givi do a universal fitting kit that will put the WingRack onto just about any bike. They probably do a specific kit for the 100 GS also, but if not the universal should work.

Of course, not having bought one of these in quite some time, I could be completely out of date :rob

Motomartin,
great help....:upyou :p

Warlock,
am trying to avoid going that way as a "quick detach" type jobby means i can alternate between the tiny BMW panniers and the massive givis er,..... well Quickly:thumb2
(nothing to do with the fact i'm too tight to spend that much:p )

Baldrick,
Excellent! - thats exactly what i need :thumb2 - cant find them here:nenau (Dublin) - Great Link - Thanks!
my only worry is would they be strong enough?:nenau
last thing i want is for e.g. to lose a pannier on a motorway:eek:
...knowing my luck it would be Mrs Ogs pannier too:blast ...hence my..."concern":augie ;)

so.... strong enough / paranoid / just right..... hmmm.
gotta have a think....my brain hurts now....:rolleyes:

Thanks to All for the help:thumb2
~~

Just measure it up very carefully before you start.

1. Make sure your other half can get her feet comfortably on the pegs with nothing digging-in anywhere.

2. Your bike will be very very wide...

doesn't matter what you do she'll still find a way to dig something in to you . . . her sharp wit for one :augie

hah!... where'd ya get that repost from?:D

oh, yeah - yer Mother:blast

~~
Og, faded genes

There's some useful bits in the givi unversal kit but it's a bit heath robinson. I used some parts out the kit and fabricated a few spacers and stuff myself.

That was for a guzzi too - and yes, made mine fugly as well :(

Back
Top Bottom