Spittal Of Glenshee?

Deleted account W

Any of you locals know anything about this place?

Just had a call from my Dad who's on a walking hol up there at the moment and he says the breakfast he had there this morning was brilliant. Might add it as a stop over on the Thursday before the G of the C :beerjug:

The Spittal of Glenshee is the site of one of the oldest inns in the U.K. It is known that the site has been in continuous use since 961AD and has had a chequered history throughout the years. It is certainly at the highest altitude being just over 2,100 feet above sea level.

The name 'Spittal' has originated from the Latin word 'hospitium' meaning 'Apartment for Strangers', or from the Gaelic 'spiddeal' which means 'where the glens meet'. Four glens meet at the 'Spittal'; Glenshee, Glenbeag, Glen Lochsie, Glen Taitneach.

It's OK. Wouldn't go out of my way to get there just for that place.

Then again, the A93 to Braemar (and beyond) and the Devil's Elbow is a cracker.

Kai

I believe a mod arranged a run to there when they were shut for renovations :blast :augie

Been there a few times for lunch recently...it was fine, no issues at all.

One of the Polish waitresses looks a wee bit like Sophie Ellis Bextor too...didn't ask her to sing though...:D

Stayed there last year in their Bunkhouse, again, fine for a group of Chaps that had drunk themselves into a good nights sleep....

If you only want one night, I can't see it being a problem, especially seeing some of the photos of you and yours at various functions over the years Kev...since when did you become choosey....:augie :D

Kev...since when did you become choosey....:augie :D

Well I'm not that fussed but I'll have more discerning company with me :D

When I spoke to my Dad he also said it was full of bikers. Which kind of put me off :rolleyes:

By the way if anyone talks to Ronno tell him it's open now if he wants to lead a rideout there :D

117729202-S.jpg

Called in today for a coffee on my way home(pic from last year)The Polish waitress is still there and looking pert:augie

Stumpy

Called in today for a coffee on my way home(pic from last year)The Polish waitress is still there and looking pert:augie

Stumpy[/QUOTE]

Phew! :eek:

I thought for a minute, you were going to hijack this Polish Waitress thread :blast

Al :thumb2

One or two ½ decent roads around those parts. :augie I like their Roast and Gravy boat sandwich that they do.
We always seem to go there in the winter :nenau
Me n the one and only.....:thumb2
55706372-L.jpg

Back
Top Bottom