Thunderheader on my Harley

Stumpy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
While not to everyones tastes I have just fitted a new Thunderheader exhaust to my Harley. I like the basic "all black" look. It sounds like no other HD I've ever heard:thumb

156110852-S.jpg

156110845-S.jpg

It looks like a good fit, they suit the bike well:thumb

Looks like two different finishes matt and a satin/gloss.

Are they chrome or some kind of ceramic coated finish??

Shep

Like the 'Less is more' Black look Andy....:augie :thumb

Bet it sounds the 'danglers on song....:cool

You coming south on that?

I'll be listening oot for as you crest the Spittal then down the Devils elbow, should hear it doon here....:D

It looks like a good fit, they suit the bike well:thumb

Looks like two different finishes matt and a satin/gloss.

Are they chrome or some kind of ceramic coated finish??

Shep

The main pipes are a matt finish. The satin/gloss bits are clip on heat shields:thumb

Bet it sounds the 'danglers on song....

Its a much deeper sound that my old pipes. Needs the revs keeping down in town and not too many early starts for my neighbours :augie

Stumpy

Stumpy,

They do look good, I tried a set on my Softail Duluxe certainly more touque in the mid range than a dual system, but I went back to my 2 into 2 pipes purely for asthetics.

Have you chipped or power commander, that does make everything work so much better.

ride safe Andrew

Stumpy,

They do look good, I tried a set on my Softail Duluxe certainly more touque in the mid range than a dual system, but I went back to my 2 into 2 pipes purely for asthetics.

Have you chipped or power commander, that does make everything work so much better.

ride safe Andrew

I'm running a 1550 conversion, stage 2 cams, 42mm Carb instead of injection and uprated ignition so it is quite quick( for a HD). The new pipe may have made a slight difference but I'm also scrubbing in a new rear tyre so I have not noticed any change in power delivery so far.

Stumpy

Back
Top Bottom