Bike hire,Spain,Salou, south of Barcelona

ELIMINATOR

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Off to Spain soon, might hire a bike for a day or two. I've looked on the 'net but can't fine anyone local advertising.

South of Barcelona, Catalonia. Cambrils is possibly a bigger local place.

Long shot, but anyone know of somw where local to this?

I was in Salou last year. I don't recall seeing a motorcycle hire shop: plenty of scooter hire places.

I'll ask the resident Catalan over on uk.rec.motorcycles, please hold

fx: some eighties shit muzak

Off to Spain soon, might hire a bike for a day or two. I've looked on the 'net but can't fine anyone local advertising.

South of Barcelona, Catalonia. Cambrils is possibly a bigger local place.

Long shot, but anyone know of somw where local to this?

I am heading to Barcelona in 2 weeks. Hiring a 1200GS for 9 days from Mike, a very helpful Scot. Moto Espana, is situated near Barcelona Airport. Free pick-up at local Airports, or in the Barcelona hotels.
Real Bikes at good prices, I am going with the brother-in-law, who has used them on two previous occassions.

http://www.motoespana.com/html/_motoespana__motorcycle_rental.html

if you are near cambrills try the food at the truck stop/family diner on the main road(cant remember road number,not the one on the sea front though) locals use it,they do a "grande buffet" 18 euros to get in and eat all you want,a massive selection of dishes,absolutely everything you can think of,go to the back of the resteraunt if you want a steak,just choose the one you want and they will cook it for you.just jump in a cab and ask the driver to take you to the grande buffet,they will know where you mean.the cottage is a good place to eat english food in salou,near the europa hotel.its run by a woman from bradford and her spanish husband,tracy and alf.hope this of some help.

p.s. tracy and alf might be able to point you towards a bike hire place.

Only saw scooters for hire. Didn't bother in the end, likely to have cost more than a car. Plus public transport was so cheap. 110kM train ride to Barcelona was 11 Euros. To Tarragona it was 2,8 Euros, maybe 5 or 6 miles. Now if trains were that cheap over here, I would use them.

Back
Top Bottom