quest 2

guido

Reaction score
I am in the process of sending my Quest 2 back to Garmin.
I purchased it in July 07. It quit working in december. Sent it back to Garmin twice. Eventually, they send me a new Quest 2. Still the same problems.. takes ages recalculating/redrawing and it loses satellite signal so easily. I cannot believe Garmin has on the market such a bad product.

Once I get my money back - and I will - shall I stick with Garmin or not?

In other words... Zumo 550 or Tom Tom?

I purchased it in July 07. It quit working in december. Sent it back to Garmin twice. Eventually, they send me a new Quest 2. Still the same problems.. takes ages recalculating/redrawing and it loses satellite signal so easily. I cannot believe Garmin has on the market such a bad product.

Other people have had the same issues as yourself, and had their units replaced with 2610's.

As the 2610 is now discontinued, hold out for a replacement 2720 or 2820

What Steve said. I ended up with a 2610, someone else got a 2720. Since both of these units are now discontinued I think either a 2820 or Zumo 550 would be fair.

You did buy a Quest 2 so you could have allof your European maps on the unit after all ;)

zumo

had the same props as you,talked to garmin and they sent me a zumo 550,go for it shy barns get nowt:thumb2

Oh dear... same old Q2 problems. :(

I had the same experience last summer along with Twotter who suggested I send it back and INSIST on replacement with an upgrade. Did this and got a new 2720 which works very well, no complaints.

Have a look here for more info...
http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82884

Garmin are aware of recalc probs etc, be firm but persistant with them regarding an UPGRADE. They will sort you out in time.
HTH
Charlie

Back
Top Bottom