Don't you just hate it when you don't know what the problem is?

Greg Masters

'Don't mess with me' Member
Mod Squad
Reaction score
I had a lot of my car's LPG system apart yesterday. Over time a couple of mesh filters get blocked with carbon - I dunno where it comes from, I guess that it occurs naturally in the gas.

Yesterday I took the regulator/heat exchanger off to clean it out. I put it all back together and all was OK when I drove it around the block. However, by yesterday afternoon, it had decided that it wasn't running on LPG anymore but I couldn't see any obvious reason.

I thought about it all last night and couldn't think what I could have done that caused it to stop running. I HATE that feeling!!

So this morning I started taking it apart again and quickly found the problem. The throttle slider in the gas distributor had jammed closed, no doubt because of some upstream sh1t I had dislodged yesterday. So I had all of the gas distributor apart, cleaned it up with copious quantities of carb cleaner and all is once again well with the world. I LOVE that feeling!

:thumb

Greg

I often find its better to walk away from a problem for a while, have a smoke and a coffee. It's usually obvious once you go back to it.

With the job I've got at the moment I only get called to problems that others have given up on. I must admit I quite enjoy it.

I often find its better to walk away from a problem for a while, have a smoke and a coffee. It's usually obvious once you go back to it.

With the job I've got at the moment I only get called to problems that others have given up on. I must admit I quite enjoy it.

Yep, much better to walk away from the LPG before having a smoke:thumb

LPG in bottles (calor etc) is a very dirty fuel, so I would guess the big tanks suffer the same contamination:nenau

Shep

I hate tinkering with my own vehicles.

An instance - Nothing to do one day, so you start off replacing an injector washer that has a slight blow on your diesel car. End up pulling the head off and replacing the headgasket, just because i'd nothing to do and thought "why not while i'm working on it". . :eek
Good job i had something to do the following day, or i'd have carried on stripping it down.

Back
Top Bottom