zumo bike mount.........

CDORR

I stupidly left my zumo bike mount on the bike for those long sunny days of april and the uv has dissolved the little bits of rubber that hold the contact cover in place (well keep it from falling off). Does any know if they can be replaced or more importantly, do the contacts on the mount need to be covered from the weather when the unit is not sitting on them?

:confused:

I stupidly left my zumo bike mount on the bike for those long sunny days of april and the uv has dissolved the little bits of rubber that hold the contact cover in place (well keep it from falling off). Does any know if they can be replaced or more importantly, do the contacts on the mount need to be covered from the weather when the unit is not sitting on them?

:confused:

I dont leave mine fitted, i fitted a socket on the beak and a plug on the lead, and remove when not being used :thumb2

Your not stupid. Garmin is.

All zumo mc mounts have the same problem. In the USA they are replacing pretty much all of them. In the Netherlands and Belgium, they are looking into it (big chance of replacing there too).
So give the local importer a call or mail and point out that this is a general problem.

thanks for that info. It does seem extraordinary that the rubber disintegrates so quickly when left exposed. It is a bike mount afterall and should be expected to tolerate outdoor conditions. If it went after a couple years I wouldn't mind but 6 weeks is a bit rich.

On the Zumo Forum its common knowledge the rubber bits seem to be disintegrating, its been know of a few months now

http://www.zumoforums.com/zumo/

It’s a perishing nuisance

Sorry :blast :nono I'll get me coat...

Is there any chance that by rubbing the rubber with silicon grease etc that the rubber can be protected? Not being a rubberist I'm not shure exactly what causes the degradation.Maybe suncream factor 100 etc could cure the prob if it is UV? This may seem facile but, why not?

Back
Top Bottom