Yamah TRX / TDM

richie

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Allihies again.. but off to Asia soon....
I fell in love with the trx when it came out but have never ridden one. I have however ridden the TDM850 and found it very boring in the engine department.
Am I right in thinking that the TRX engine characteristic is different as it fires differently to the early TDM?
If so I might try and find one as for a grand it seems you can get a nice one...

hi mate !
a grand , is it that on a certain auction site ?
get it grabbed , they`re lovely (i got one )

270 crank a la ducati made as a competitor to ducati
abit long wheelbase compared with moderns but makes for stable
sporting ride on the road - so parallel twin with a vee feel,

light too so 80bhp feels o.k

reg,
------------------------------------
like your woodruff key; small but not insignificant .

Hi Richie,
I had one for over a year, a while back, I fitted a set of ART race cans, race air filter etc. on it and it went like stink. You'll probably need to change the suspension as it was crap from new, but it'll still be a cheap good bike and you don't see them everywhere, like another type of bike. :augie

Good luck with the purchase!

Good luck, I'd love to be able to buy one of those.

Like you, I thought from the start that they just looked fantastic - I've always been surprised that they didn't catch on in a bigger way.

Presumably there are enough bits floating around from broken TDMs to make the TRX cheap to maintain.

PG

I had a look at a TRX many moons ago... found it a cramped riding position and suprise suprise a clunky second gear... bought a 1200 Bandit instead - a lot more comfy to ride and even more fun :)

i had a TRX for a few years..loved it to bits...they use a bit of oil though about a liter per 1000 miles (they all do as do all the 5 valve per pot yamaha engines)

the fire at 270degs rather than 180 degs ala old TDM's so engine has better charactoristics...very underated bike,mine would keep with 600cc fours and 748 ducatis

id have another one

happy shopping

Back
Top Bottom