Smug B@astard

Big Jon

I just have to tell someone....I have just bought my first bike, a F650GSD. Said with huge huge grin!:D

Ok, the negatives first - it's a W plate and done 25k and it has had 2 owners (I know I know) BUT:

It comes with:
+full BMW service history
+heated grips
+BMW expandable paniers
+BMW top box
+hand and engine guards.

It came from my local BMW dealer and will have 12 months warranty and UK/european recovery.
+Tax & MOT til next spring
+They will deliver it the 20 miles to my home
+They will do the 25k service, inc replace both tyres.

It was originally on at £4.2k = ouch, but they are having a "closing down sale" and they reduced it to £3.7k.

I paid £3.5k all in.

I feel chuffed as hell! Not gonna get it for a few weeks, but hey I don't have my test til late October anyway.

So thanks to everyone for their hints n tips, I never wld have gone for the Dakar without your support.

:) :) :) :) :) :D :D I Can't stop smiling! :D :D :) :) :) :)

Big Jon
PS They are going to replace the tyres with either a) Metz-something (can't read his writing) Tourance or b) Bridgestone Trailwings. Should I have a preference, i.e. shld I stipulate one or the other? (I'm never gonna go off road).

PPS The only other downer is the garage is closing, so my nearest BMW dealer will be Peterborough or Chelsmford - so so convenient from North Norfolk!!!

I Can't stop smiling!

Sounds good to me, well done and welcome to the Hooligan Riders!:rolleyes:
Most would say specify Tourance but I like Trailwings, they do not do as many miles, but I like the grip, rain or not. Happy riding, your next project is a Proper BVM, with Pots that Stick Out the sides:D :D

Nice one Jon:thumb

Isn't Lind's in Norfolk? Mike O uses them ;)
Don't forget to get a quote from Bmw for insurance.

Mark

Smug B@stard

good luck with ya test and bike,afraid ive got to tell you off for using the term smug b@stard as its been on the bottom of my no plate for yonks,i am the official(Mr Smug B@stard)+ i went for a test on an 1150gs the other day and ive got to have one!:D

Back
Top Bottom