Rannoch Station Tommorrow (Saturday)

Grizzly

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi folks,
I'm kicking aboot on my own tommorrow 'cos Joyce is working:( . I've decided to have a run up to Rannoch Station Tearoom - after reading recent reports:thumb2 , - so if anybody fancies a wee run? I plan to be up there about 12:00 ish.
Sorry it's short notice but hopefully somebody will be looking for a run:nenau

Cheers................Grizzly:beer: :beer:

So when did they move the 2nd o' June???
s'pose it'll be Rannoch soup then (again, yum yum!)
AND
Ron's Angus Glens run on Sunday 09:30 Stracathro Services , Lunch at Clova Hotel , finish at The Square Alyth.

Everybody went three weeks ago...(apart fae me) :(

And me :tears

I was hoping that Ronno's run was still on today :blast .

Ah well, some other time.

I'll be at 'Bumble Bee' Ron's Angus Glens Run tomorrow (on the RT) :thumb .

Then there is the Log Cabin Lunch meeting, followed by a run to Rannoch Station, on Sunday 10th :thumb .

Wet . . Wet . . Wet ? Who cares ?

OK OK ya all, I didn't mean to start a nose rubbing exercise - I wisna' there either -
'CAUSE -
I wis waiting for the 2nd o' June!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyway - yoos lot missed a brilliant day at Rannoch and places east at the open invite o' Grizzly,thanks mate, enjoyed yours and Blairs company.
Tattie and leek soup was the bizniz again.
Cracking time on way home - mach 2.4 I suggest and that jist on the twisties good auld GS's, sorry Blair :thumb

anyway - yoos lot missed a brilliant day at Rannoch and places east at the open invite o' Grizzly,thanks mate, enjoyed yours and Blairs company.
Tattie and leek soup was the bizniz again.
Cracking time on way home - mach 2.4 I suggest and that jist on the twisties good auld GS's, sorry Blair :thumb
Very enjoyable day out, cheers :thumb

Great Day Oot!

Like the others have said, a crackin' run:thumb2 . I've attached a few photies I took on the way up - nae photies o' Blair's bike though - 'cos he wis on his CBR600:rolleyes: - it's in brilliant nick for it's mileage/age:thumb2
I fancied a run to Rannoch Station because i realised I'd never been there:eek: - well, I don't think so?:rob Wasn't disappointed, grub was great at tearoom, great company, and the roads were superb - went along the north side of L. Rannoch going, and south side back:thumb2.
We stopped in Dunkeld on the way back for a quick:beer: - well not very quick really! Thanks for the company guys.

Cheers.....................Grizzly:beer:

Attachments

• IMG_0163_1.JPG
    IMG_0163_1.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_0165_1.JPG
    IMG_0165_1.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0166_1.JPG
    IMG_0166_1.JPG
    111.8 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0167_1.JPG
    IMG_0167_1.JPG
    116.5 KB · Views: 93
So when did they move the 2nd o' June???
s'pose it'll be Rannoch soup then (again, yum yum!)
AND
Ron's Angus Glens run on Sunday 09:30 Stracathro Services , Lunch at Clova Hotel , finish at The Square Alyth.

So where were you then ? ? ? :confused:

We had 12 bikes on the Angus Glens Run - but no 'Yellow Horse' !

Bob.

Looks like a good day out :thumb2

I knew a guy who lived in Kinloch Rannoch in the 70's and 80's. You couldn't get a TV signal at all in those days. Zilch. No one in the village had a TV.

I suppose Satellite and cable will have changed all that...

Voyager said -

'So where were you then ? ? ? '
I listened to the weatherman and wimped out. Did a wee bit fettling on the bike then went to Clarkies for coffee. Turned out nice - got a spin on a full dress 'Wheeled Whale' aka (K1200LT) surround sound an all,nice.:thumb

Glad someone has posted some photos of the scenery around Rannoch Station. Went there on Sunday 03rd June and could not see much for the rain persistently persisting !

I arrived just before 18 bikes who had been at a Moto Guzzi rally somewhere in Perthshire. A couple of the more sensible Guzzi clan had opted for BMW GS.

A rather miserable ride home through heavy rain with lots of standing water on the road. Dried up by Stirling and the neighbour assured me it had not rained all day in Falkirk. Guess I should learn to read the clouds better.

Back
Top Bottom