I've fallen in love.

Thought you were gonna stay in the closet til the test ride was done !!!!

Oh the shame :augie

Been fighting the same demons for a few months...think I,m about to surrender....:confused:

Sorry, chain drive with the styling of an ironing board doesn't do it for moi...but then I am but one voice...:augie

Been there,but MUCH prefer my GSA to the Adv 950 S.

I also think that the 950 motor was much nicer in the Adventure than the 990,as the carbed motor was SOOOOOO much smoother that the FI on the 990.

But I just love the 990 fitted in the Superduke.

Should be even better next week once the Akra Evo full system goes on withy remap.

So I finally gave in to the voices and arranged a test ride.....on a 990....

Luved it apart from the snatchy throttle :(

Dealer (Thorne Superbikes) reckons that can be sorted, said to ring him next week and arrange another demo after techy has worked his magic....Take the bike for half a day to some familiar roads n see wot I think then.....If i still thought it no good....walk away.....:cool:

Sorry, chain drive with the styling of an ironing board doesn't do it for moi...but then I am but one voice...:augie

Same here. They are fugly!!! To all those about to defect, I say enjoy, will see you back again soon, where you will still be welcome!! Look after that chain!

I'll only admit to lust at the moment

Love might follow

:augie

180422290-M.jpg

180422267-M.jpg

Picked up my 990 adventure from Nick Marshall last week and spent 7 hours riding it to Scotland on a coastal route yesterday. Had trouble deciding between a 1200GS and the KTM but after yesterday I'm glad I've made the choice I have. Yes the throttle is a problem which I've got to get sorted but once thats done it'll be perfect.

Last edited:
Hey Mike

Don't tell me Nick caught you as well:blast

I bought my 990 of him earlier this year and i have to say its one of the best bikes i have ever owned.
Forget all the throttle hype (which is a slight issue) and enjoy!!:likeit

Yeah, Nick must sell more KTM 990 Adventures than most KTM dealers. What a fantastic bike, I couldn't be happier. :D

Mine's gone

I could see we were not meant to be and why delay the inevitable. Nice bike, but after riding it everyday for a week, it wasn't working for me. Oh well.

That Tiger 1050 looks nice :augie

Back
Top Bottom