Maps for Zumo

scots_jon

Reaction score
Hello All,
When you buy the Zumo, I understand that it comes with the City Navigator mapset. Has any one succesfully got a new unlock code from Garmin and installed an existing Metroguide mapset?

I have Metroguide Europe and GB topo for other Garmin units and I'm buggered if I'm going to pay for them again.

I've stuck with the TomTom Rider for the last year despite woefull customer service purely for the reason that you can download all the world wide maps for "free". Normaly I wouldn't condone that, but in Tomtoms case i make an exception.

Cheers,
Jon.

As far as I know MetroGuide doesn't require an unlock code. However, it's not routable on a GPS unit, only in MapSource. Having said that using MetroWizzz you can make it routable, something of a hack but it works on my Quest. I'm not sure if you'll retain post-code searching and there is one downside in that roundabouts are announced as ordinary junctions, a quick glance at the screen shows the way to go if there's any ambiguity.

Metroguide you can't route from so it's not really worth putting it on as you will get city nav europe ntv9 on it depending on which model you buy. With topo gb this will work with it but you will need to get an additional unlock code which you can get by going through your my garmin account assuming that you've got one.

If you go through there you just add the serial number in the right box and then it will issue you the new unlock code for the zumo.

:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom