Dublin to Ushuaia

• Thread starter Celtic Adventurer
  • Start date

Celtic Adventurer

Hi Guys and Girls

Well this is my first post here, Next week i am leaving Dublin with Aerlingus and hopefully meeting up with my GS in the docks in New Jersey. My plan is to drive from there to the bottom of Argentina! At the moment just trying to finalise what to pack into the bag, so if anyone has done this before let me know what you brought,

And of course i will keep you guys updated with posts and pictures!

Kev:aidan

Kev,
Welcome.. Check out some old posts by "The Celt"...
He's based in the centre of Dublin and has done the whole South America thing..

One piece of advice: Get yourself subscribed so you can post photos etc (to make us feckers jealous).
It will also allow you to send and recieve personal mails, so you can PM The Celt for more info etc..

Hi Guys and Girls

Well this is my first post here, Next week i am leaving Dublin with Aerlingus and hopefully meeting up with my GS in the docks in New Jersey. My plan is to drive from there to the bottom of Argentina! At the moment just trying to finalise what to pack into the bag, so if anyone has done this before let me know what you brought,

And of course i will keep you guys updated with posts and pictures!

Kev:aidan

Last edited:
will do !! as for hot to get subscribed... do you know.. sorry i prob seem a bit slow!!

You might also like to click the link in my sig and check out Nik's blog of his travels in South America.

Have a great time. Not that I'm envious or anything.....:augie

Hey guys, the trip is underway, and now in Pennsylvania the blog URl is http://dublin-ushuaia-trip.blogspot.com/ but have been using bebo also. Just getting settled into the biking as customs held the bike up for so long but now am on the road, so will try keep the pictures and the stories updated! :mcgun

Hey guys, the trip is underway, and now in Pennsylvania the blog URl is http://dublin-ushuaia-trip.blogspot.com/ but have been using bebo also. Just getting settled into the biking as customs held the bike up for so long but now am on the road, so will try keep the pictures and the stories updated! :mcgun

Goodluck.

Brave man going around the world with no engine bars.....:augie

Good blog, must get TPC's book.

Yeah , northsider blow in, (but have the southside birth right :augie ) you guys are observant, engine bars and stuff, and Dollymount! Going to get the bars fitted along with a service in Austin Texas before heading across into Mexico in a few weeks, but first the thought of test driving a few other machines at the BMWMOA rally in Wisconsin is keeping me here for a few more weeks, I will stick up some photos when i have some decent ones for you guys, keep you interested like.

Kev

Hi guys

Just getting packed up and ready for the trip to Montreal. Spent the last few days camping and rafting on the Youghiogheny at Ohiopyle, attached are a few pics,
Rafting
(trying to add a link to some photos (hope this works) if not the link is in the blog anyway.

Kev

http://dublin-ushuaia-trip.blogspot.com/

Kev, good luck with the trip.

It's a long time since I did that trip (on an R100) back in 1981/2. The most important thing then was a Carnet de Passage, I supose that is still required? Next problem is the Darien Gap. We stopped over at the US base in Panama until there were about 10 of us, we then rented an old Dakota that flew the bikes into Medallin. We flew in by passenger flight, probably one of the most exciting flights I have ever been on, you drop over a mountain down to the airstrip. Weather; everything from snow to 35+C and humidity and tropical rain.... Enjoy yourselves!

Class, that is a way to get into Columbia!, the Darien Gap is still and problem.. but at least there is no need for a Carnet now :)

Total change of plan in the last few days, was in Washington heading south, now in Montreal heading west. Going to hit the BMW rally at Wisconsin later this week, then go down through Colorado (just to take in the highest mountian pass in the US you see!!)

Oh and would love to post a few pics here does anyone know how i can do it in a post?

We did the BMW National event when we were there, a fantastic gathering. You will love Colorado, try and get to Boulder if you can. To post pics here you will need to host them elsewhere and use the
tag.

Made it to mexico! and man this place is class! great people, great food, and some fantastic scenery.
Ran into Paul Browne (ex Duffys) and Maeve in Baja. Spent some time together! Really nice people! Now in Cuernavaca and hitting mex city in a day or two!

Sorry about the pics, havent been able to figure out the html code for the links. Are in the blog anyway.

dublin-ushuaia-trip.blogspot.com

Esteban Rojo (formally know as The Holy Man)

An update and some fotos.

Hi Guys, I have been lurking here for two long and now that i am four months into my Ireland to Ushuaia trip I decided you might like a few photos.!

P1000227.JPG

It started with shipping the bike to New York

HPIM0574.JPG

Of course a few pints were in order.
After exploring Washington and Philly it was off north to Montreal Canada

P1000393.JPG

Border Crossing was easy!!

A slight detour was made to the MOA rally in Wisconsin, where I met some great people

HPIM0713.JPG

HPIM0660.JPG

19.JPG

After here I had my first spill on Wyoming dirt roads and wandered down to Colorado

P1000429.JPG

P1000430.JPG

In Colorado I met up with Mike Rand and did some off road riding in the Rockies , Mention also has to go to Chris Beal who put me up for a night!

DSC_0138.JPG

DSC_0147a.jpg

Colorado was followed by trips to Utah and Arizona, and finally onto LA

P1000441.JPG

P1000526.JPG

P1000538.JPG

Did some climbing in Arches and some surfing at San Diego

Then Mexico, where i met up with two more Irish riders on the road from Alaska

2_The%25203%2520Amigos.JPG

P1000561.JPG

Danced with some locals

balls.JPG

Did some drinking with random friendly mexicans

P1000603.JPG

Drove some great roads with cool views

P1000641.JPG

Spent lots of time in Mexico City with Garry Diamond, and Alaister from the UK, and a certain lovely Argentine girl..

DSCN0203.JPG

Also met with Brennan on his way back to the states!! had to drag him out of the mud..

199304657-M.jpg

199300395-S.jpg

Then it was onto Oaxaca for independence day and lots of foam!

n640190958_170034_3038.jpg

Guatemala was a step into the unknown!! with some up front road works

P1000794.JPG

and great skies

P1000814.JPG

And smokin volcanoes

P1000827.JPG

Did the coast road in El Salvador - really nice

P1000842.JPG

Then it was party time with Salcar in Nicaragua

P1000895.JPG

P1000901.JPG

Some riding had to be done

P1000909.JPG

P1000878.JPG

P1000915.JPG

Next its onto Costa Rica and Panama for the next few days and try and find a way into Colombia!

Jaysus... You make an epic trip sound like a long weekend spin...

fanflippintastic......

Enjoy colombia.....it's a lot safer than it used to be but for the big overland routes you might find that you have to travel in convoy.

You might also need to get a reflective bib with your reg. no on it for the cities.

ps. off to ushuaia in Jan (not with bike) but might have to hire one.....

pps if you think the lasses are tidy where's you've been then MY WORD you really need to go to Cali.....

Back
Top Bottom