Any GSer's in Spain?????

Urban Rider

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all

Just arrived in Sottogrande on Sunday night after an epic 17 hr/956 mile ride from Lourdes in France. Brought the trusty 1150 GSA SE with me and would like to know if there are any other GSer's in the area. I'm planning on a ride out on Thursday into the mountains and if there are any others out there who know the area and fancy a ride please drop me a line. I'm out here until the 13th ish before heading back to blighty and am available for any ride outs or meets. :thumb2

greetings

Hi there
I´m here in Marbella but won´t be home till Sat 9th. Then gotta do the Dad thing with the kids (well for a few hours at least) Give me a call 630659945 and maybe we can hook up.

Marek

I'll be in San Pedro de Alcantara from 1 to 17 July if your still around. Although I wont have the bike with me this year. There is another guy here as well that lives & works in San Pedro. I will dig out his pm for you. Is the motorway work finished yet on the A15 peage before Sotogrande ?? :augie

Hi Luke

All the motorway work does appear to be finished as I came down the toll road from Malaga last Sunday. Unfortunately I'll be heading off on Wednesday for France and then back to blighty on the 16th so won't be around in July.
Marek, I'll call early next week poss Mon or Tues if there's a possibility of a ride out. It all depends on the family plans for next week.

Chris.

Hi Marek

Not sure if i'm gonna make Tues as it's the last day with Sis and kids before heading back to blighty. Thanks for the offer anyway.
I'm planning to set off early doors on Wednesday with a view of arriving in Calais for the 1600 train on Sat. Can you suggest any routes to take on the way back through Spain other than the motorway? Also, if you know of any decent, secure hotels between Madrid and the Pyranees it would be greatly appreciated:thumb

Chris.

Hi chris
No probem, I can understand, catch the sun while you can. Today was a scorcher no?
Nice hotel I stay in when travelling between Madrid and France is in Burgos.
The Landa Palace 4star, converted castle right on the main road cracking restaurant and secure parking underneath. Tel: 947257777 web www.landapalace.es. Thats about 200km north of Madrid. Route there from Soto go towards Jimena de la Frontera, Gaucin, Ronda, head towards Grazelema but don´t turn off carry on main road past the lakes towards Campillos A384 I think. Head towards A-92 but then go towards Cordoba. Once at Cordoba link up to A-4 to Madrid. You could travel country roads from Cordoba to Madrid but not sure of the state of them.
Hope that helps.
Marek

Back
Top Bottom